Provision of Catering and Bar Services (Food Preparation and Food Services) for UNSOA in various ...
United Nations Secretariat | Published January 20, 2015 - Deadline February 4, 2015
The United Nations Support Office for AMISOM (UNSOA) requires contractual services for the provision of Catering and Bar Services (Food Preparation and Food Services) for UNSOA in different locations around the Mogadishu International Airport (MIA) and Mogadishu Stadium.
1. UNSOA will be responsible to provide fully equipped kitchens and dining facilities to feed a mix of AMISOM Military and Police personnel and AMISOM and UN Civilian personnel including ICP (Individual Contractor Personnel) and official UNSOA visitors on a daily basis, 7 days per week, and 365 days per year, approxitamely 1,170 personnel. The successful Contractor shall be required to operate the UNSOA provided Kitchens and Dining facilities, prepare meals and manage the service of breakfast, lunch and dinner on a daily basis, planned by UNSOA to be consumed as per UNSOA requirements.
2. The successful Contractor will be responsible to provide all management, supervisory, and appropriate kitchen and service personnel with requisite knowledge, experience, education, training and ability to execute, at the minimum, the following functions:
a) Prepare customer focused menu plans;
b) Manage a professional food production operation;
c) Implement a production system to optimize food usage, and control wastage, spoilage and portion size limitation;
d) Provide courteous, timely, and efficient food service;
e) Maintain the operation to comply with international health and hygiene guidelines as recommended by FAO/WHO Codex Alimentarius Commission’s Code of Hygienic Practice for Precooked and Cooked Foods in Mass Catering, CAC/RCP 39 -1993, HACCP and ISO 22000 FSMS (Food Safety Management System); and
f) Maintain and repair the UN provided equipment as and when required.
The Subject Contract is intended for an initial three one-year period with an option to extend under the same terms and conditions at UNSOA’s sole discretion for an additional two one-year period.
Companies interested to participate in the tender are requested to submit their EOI by fax or e-mail as indicated above. The EOI must include the following company’s information:
• Company’s Name
• Postal address
• Phone number, Fax number, E-mail address
• Name of the contact person, Title of the contact person
• Company’s background, including experience in provision of relevant services.
This Request for Expression of Interest (EOI) does not constitute a solicitation. UNSOA reserves the right to change or cancel the requirements at any time during EOI and/or solicitation process. Submission of a reply to this EOI does not automatically guarantee that such firm will be considered for receipt of the solicitation when issued. Only vendors, deemed qualified upon completion of an objective evaluation of their submission of EOI, will receive the final tender solicitation document..