Provision of Catering Services for United Nations Global Service Center / United Nations Logisti ...
United Nations Secretariat | Published October 31, 2014 - Deadline December 1, 2014
Description of Requirements
The United Nations Global Service Center / United Nations Logistics Base (UNGSC/UNLB) located in Brindisi, Italy seeks an appropriately qualified contractor to provide Catering Services in the premises of the UNGSC/UNLB compound at Aeroporto Militare “Pierozzi”, Brindisi, Italy. All services must be carried out in compliance with the current Laws and Regulations in the field/sector.
This Contract shall be of an initial duration of three (3) years with two one-year (1) optional extensions at the sole discretion of UNGSC/UNLB.
The Contractor is required to:
- Provide the catering services in the UNGSC/UNLB premises in Brindisi, Italy, by offering international and local cuisine, and by taking into consideration the various ethnic and religious dietary requirements of UNGSC/UNLB’s multicultural workforce. The catering service shall include but not be limited to an a-la-carte restaurant service, self-service cafeterias, snack bars, vending machines, and special events.
- Provide the catering services in conformance to international standards governing food quality and safety, storage, preparation, hygiene and service.
- Provide and sustain all its personnel, materials, equipments and for making all necessary arrangements to fulfill its obligations under the Contract.
Experience in the catering field:
- The Proposer must have a valid business registration license to provide catering services in the Mission areas/or its current countries of operation.
- The Proposer must have a minimum of five (5) years within the last seven (7) years providing catering services to a clientele of similar size.
- The Proposer must have a valid ISO 22000 Certification at the time of the submission of its proposal.
A potential daily client base can be estimated to include up to 450 UNGSC Staff, visitors and trainees. It will be up to the vendor to make every effort increase their daily client base.
The Contractor shall be responsible for adjusting the level of operations to fully meet the demand of the customers.
UNGSC will inform the Contractor prior to any expected substantial fluctuation in the number of staff and visitors.
UNGSC also advises that there are a number of Italian Air Force military personnel on the base that could potentially make use of the cafeteria facilities. While they are not members of the UNGSC, they are potential customers. Purely for information purposes, the Italian Air Force military personnel number circa 150 individuals.
Three facilities will need to be provided catering services, and the types of catering services required per each location is summarized below:
(a) Main Location - Main cafeteria and restaurant: This is expected to be fully operational within 45 calendar days after the date of receipt of the Notice to Proceed;
(b) Training Location: Food distribution to be agreed in coordination with UNGSC. This is expected to be fully operational within 90 days after the date of receipt of the Notice to Proceed;
(c) Logistics Location: Food distribution to be agreed in coordination with UNGSC. This is expected to be fully operational within 180 days after the date of receipt of the Notice to Proceed;
(d) Vending Machines in various locations to be determined. These are expected to be fully operational within 90 days after the date of receipt of the Notice to Proceed. If the proposer chooses not to include vending machines in their offer, the UN reserves the right to establish a separate contract for the provision of vending machines.
Types of Services:
During the UN working hours, the catering services shall comprise of the following sub-categories of services:
- Restaurant Service – available at meal service hours as specified each day, for the provision of high quality hot and cold cook-to-order buffet service meals from a-la-carte or set menus.
- Cafeteria Service – available at meal service hours as specified each day, for self-service/buffet service hot and cold meals including appetizers, salads, soups, desserts, fruits and beverages.
- Bar/Café/Pizza Service – available at Friday ‘Happy Hour’ services.
- Conferences, Special Events and other Official Functions – Hospitality services including serving of beverages, snacks and pastries; buffet style lunches and dinners, with waiter services on request, shall be provided as and when required, which can be outside the normal meal service hours. Depending on the number of attendees, best efforts will be made to provide advance notice of between 48 and 72 hours.
- Snack Bars – available at times as specified each day, a range of sandwiches, small/light meals, snacks and pastries, confectionary, hot/ cold drinks, fruits, yoghurts shall be included.
- Automatic Vending Service – Confectionary and cold/hot drinks, to be kept stocked and priced consistently with counter prices. All fresh food should not remain in the machines for longer than 24 hours.
- Take-away Service – Available during the respective restaurant and cafeteria service hours to office locations within the UNGSC/UNLB facilities. Take-away shall include the provision of cutlery, napkins and food containers.
The Contractor will be responsible for:
- the proper performance of the contract and for its personnel;
- the health, safety and welfare of its personnel, including access to medical treatment;
- the provision of all necessary and appropriate materials, supplies and consumables for the performance of its obligations;
- the general care, condition and cleanliness of the premises;
- managing and minimizing the usage of energy and water through saving practices and devices.
The full technical requirements and details will be provided with a formal solicitation document to be issued at a later stage soon after the closing date for this EOI.
In order for the Expression of Interest to be considered, the company must be registered with United Nations Global Marketplace (UNGM) by visiting the website: www.ungm.org.
In order to be awarded a Contract/Purchase Order, the Vendor must be registered with the UN Secretariat through the United Nations Global Marketplace (UNGM) for the required Level of Registration by the time of finalization of bid evaluation before the award.