Brand Name or Equivalent, Xvivo X3 Cell incubation and processing workstation � Small Business Set-Aside.
Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health | Published August 28, 2015 - Deadline September 4, 2015
Brand Name or Equivalent, Xvivo X3 Cell incubation and processing workstation - Small Business Set-Aside.
Contracting Office Address:
Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute, Office of Acquisitions, 9609 Medical Center Drive, Room 1E140, Rockville, MD 20850, UNITED STATES.
I. DESCRIPTION OF REQUIREMENT
The National Cancer Institute (NCI), Center for Cancer Research (CCR), Urologic Oncology Branch (UOB), has a requirement to procure a brand name Xvivo X3 Cell incubation and processing workstation from Biospherix, or equivalent. The system will allow lab scientists to perform a broad range of assays, such as metabolites assays, necessary to validate the data obtained from our collaborators. Thus the acquisition of this workstation is critical to identify in a timely manner to validate lead therapeutic compounds for pre-clinical trials. The system must match or exceed the specifications and performance criteria needed for the UOB's research
This is a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial items prepared in accordance with the format in Subpart 12.6, as supplemented with additional information included in this notice. This announcement constitutes the only solicitation; proposals are being requested and a written solicitation will not be issued.
Only one award will be made as a result of this solicitation. This will be awarded as a firm fixed price type contract and will be awarded to the lowest priced technically acceptable quotation from a small business.
The following salient characteristics shall be provided:
1) Be an integrated, digital O2/CO2, pressure & temperature controlled incubation and processing chamber that are controlled by a separate, independent gas supply. Allowing for different conditions at the same time.
2) Have ability to have more than one independent incubator with more than one protocol running at the same time, in the same closed system.
3) The workstation must have control of normobaric gas oxygen tensions to within 0.1% over the full 0.1-99.9% range in the incubation chambers.
4) Inside of workstation, incubation chamber must open into matched O2, CO2 and temperature controlled gloved work chamber.
5) Have soft, comfortable glove fronts with an extra-large pass-thru air-lock chamber and heated stainless steel critical working surfaces in the process chamber.
6) Allow modular design for easy upgrade and to fit any process. Add more incubation and processing in the future if required.
7) Have Built-in HEPA filtration (Class 100 achievable).
8) Able to attach PC and touch-screen software control of all cell parameters for easy documentation and recording. Ability to export data and program multiple setpoints.
9) Have Dynamic oxygen and CO2 controls available for ischemia/reperfusion modeling.
10) Provide active humidity control in incubators and processing chambers.
11) Able to add custom designed chambers to fit UOB's lab room size requirements.
12) The system must be capable of being field-upgradeable for all Measurement Technologies post sale.
13) Include at a minimum a standard 1 year part and labor warranty.
14) Be easily integrated into a full robotic system and easily adaptable to fit sample processing requirements.
15) Able to incubate of samples in a microplate, flasks muti-well plates.
16) Allow for the standard curves, using a known extinction coefficient to calculate directly from measurements.
17) Able to account for oxygen sensor error.
18) The vendor must provide comprehensive training.
Contractor(s) shall deliver to NIH/NCI Bethesda, Maryland 20892 within 90 days after award. The Contractor who receives the award will be provided with the complete mailing address and point of contact. Upon delivery, contractor must notify the NCI Contracting Officer's Representative (COR) to schedule the installation and training dates.
III. INSTALLATION AND TRAINING.
To be carried out by the manufacturer after the delivery. The Contractor shall provide comprehensive training after installation
Payment shall be made after delivery, installation, and successful operation of the equipment. Payment authorization requires submission and approval as per the Invoice Instructions that are available upon request and will be part of the Order.
V. PROVISIONS AND CLAUSES
The following provisions and clauses will be incorporated:
FAR 52.211-6 Brand Name or Equal
(a) If an item in this solicitation is identified as quote mark brand name or equal, quote mark the purchase description reflects the characteristics and level of quality that will satisfy the Government's needs. The salient physical, functional, or performance characteristics that quote mark equal quote mark products must meet are specified in the solicitation.
(b) To be considered for award, offers of quote mark equal quote mark products; including quote mark equal quote mark products of the brand name manufacturer, must-
(1) Meet the salient physical, functional, or performance characteristic specified in this solicitation;
(2) Clearly identify the item by-
(i) Brand name, if any; and
(ii) Make or model number;
(3) Include descriptive literature such as illustrations, drawings, or a clear reference to previously furnished descriptive data or information available to the Contracting Officer; and
(4) Clearly describe any modification the offeror plans to make in a product to make it conform to the solicitation requirements. Mark any descriptive material to clearly show the modification.
(c) The Contracting Officer will evaluate quote mark equal quote mark products on the basis of information furnished by the offeror or identified in the offer and reasonably available to the Contracting Officer. The Contracting Officer is not responsible for locating or obtaining any information not identified in the offer.
(d) Unless the offeror clearly indicates in its offer that the product being offered is an quote mark equal quote mark product, the offeror shall provide the brand name product referenced in the solicitation.
(End of provision)
52.212-1 Instruction to Offerors Commercial Items (April 2014)
52.212-2, Evaluation Commercial Items:
The purchase order will be awarded to the Lowest Price Technically Acceptable (LPTA). The award will be made on the basis of the lowest evaluated price of quotations meeting or exceeding the acceptability standards for the requirements/technical specifications stated above. The technical evaluation will be a determination based on information furnished by the vendor. The Government is not responsible for locating or securing any information which is not identified in the proposal. The Government reserves the right to make an award without discussions. The Government reserves the right to award on all or none basis.
52.212-3 Offerors Representations and Certifications Commercial Items (Mar 2015)
52.212-4 Contract Terms and Conditions Commercial Items (December 2014), applies to this acquisition.
52.212-5 Contract terms and Conditions Required to Implement Statutes or Executive Orders---Commercial Items (April 2015).
The following additional FAR clauses cited in this clause are applicable:
(b) The Contractor shall comply with the FAR clauses in this paragraph (b) that the Contracting Officer has indicated as being incorporated in this contract by reference to implement provisions of law or Executive orders applicable to acquisitions of commercial items:
52.203-6, Restrictions on Subcontractor Sales to the Government (Sep 2006), with Alternate I (Oct 1995) (41 U.S.C. 253g and 10 U.S .C. 2402)
52.203-13, Contractor Code of Business Ethics and Conduct (APR 2010) (41 U.S.C. 3509)
52.204-10 Reporting Executive Compensation and First Tier Subcontract Awards
(JUL 2013) (Pub.L. 109-282) (31 U.S.C. 6101 note).
52.209-6, Protecting the Government' Interest When Subcontracting with Contractors Debarred, Suspended, or Proposed for Debarment (AUG 2013) (31 U.S.C. 6101 note).
52.209-9, Updates of Publicly Available Information Regarding Responsibility Matters (JUL 2013) (41 U.S.C. 2313).
52.219-4 Notice of Price Evaluation Preference for HUBZone Small Business Concerns (JAN 2011) (if the offeror elects to waive the preference, it shall so indicate in its offer) (15 U.S.C. 657a).
52.219-8 Utilization of Small Business Concerns (OCT 2014) (15 U.S.C. 637 (d) (2) and (3).
52.219-28 Post Award Small Business Program Representation (JUL 2013) (15 U.S.C. 632(a) (2)).
52.222-3 Convict Labor (JUNE 2003) (E.O. 11755).
52.222-19 Child Labor Cooperation with Authorities and Remedies (JAN 2014) (E.O. 13126).
52.222-21 Prohibition of Segregated Facilities (FEB 1999)
52.222-26 Equal Opportunity (MAR 2007) (E.O. 11246).
52.222-35 Equal Opportunity for Veterans (JUL 2014) (38 U.S.C. 4212).
52.222-36 Affirmative Action for Workers with Disabilities (JUL 2014) (29 U.S.C. 793).
52.222-37 Employment Reports on Veterans (JUL 2014) (38 U.S.C. 4212).
52.222-40 Notification of Employee Rights Under the National Labor Relations Act
(DEC 2010) (E.O. 13496)
52.223-18 Encouraging Contractor Policies to Ban Text Messaging while Driving
(AUG 2011)(E.O. 13513).
52.225-1 Buy American Act - Supplies (MAY 2014) (41 U.S.C. chapter 83).
52.225-3 Buy American Act--Free Trade Agreements--Israeli Trade Act (MAY 2014) (41 U.S.C. chapter 83, 19 U.S.C. 3301 note, 19 U.S.C. 2112 note, 19 U.S.C. 3805 note, 19 U.S.C. 4001 note, Pub. L. 103-182, Pub. L. 108-77, 108-78, 108-286, 108-302 109-53, 109-169, 109-283, 110-138, Pub. L.112-41, 112-42 and
52.225-5 Trade Agreements (NOV 2013) (19 U.S.C. 2501, et seq., 19 U.S.C. 3301 note).
52.225-13 Restrictions on Certain Foreign Purchase (JUN 2008) (E.O.'s, proclamations, and statutes administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control of the Department of the Treasury).
52.232-33 Payment by Electronic Funds Transfer System for awards Management
(JUL 2013) (31 U.S.C. 3332).
52.233-3, Protest After Award
52.233-4, Applicable Law for Breach of Contract Claim
52.246-2 Inspection of Supplies-Fixed Price.
52.247-64, Preference for Privately-Owned U.S. Flag Commercial Vessels (FEB 2006) (46 U.S.C. Appx 1241(b) and 10 U.S.C. 2631).
VI. HOW TO SUBMIT A RESONSE
Please refer to the solicitation number N02CO52700-78 on all correspondence.
Quotations must be received by September 4, 2015 at 10 a.m. EDT via E-mail at Francisco.firstname.lastname@example.org. All questions shall be in writing and may be addressed to Francisco Mendoza at the aforementioned E-mail noted above by September 2, 2015 at 9 a.m. EDT. No collect calls will be accepted. In order to receive an award, the contractor must be registered and have valid certification in the Central Contractor Registration (CCR) and the Online Representation and Certifications Applications (ORCA) through sam.gov.