Plant & Equipment Maintenance & Repair Services for UNSOS locations in Kenya & Somalia
United Nations Secretariat | Published September 14, 2016
1. The United Nations Procurement Division, Regional Procurement Office (UNPD/RPO), hereby invites Expressions of Interest (EOI) from duly registered, qualified, licensed entities to submit their Expression of Interest for the participation in the upcoming solicitation for Plant & Equipment Maintenance & Repair Services for UNSOS locations in Kenya and Somalia.
2. United Nations Support Office in Somalia (UNSOS) requires Companies with proven capacity for plant and equipment maintenance and repair services from qualified, competent and licensed and accredited Service Provider(s). This requirement includes, but is not confined to maintenance and repair of UN electrical and mechanical plant and equipment in various UN and AMISOM camps spread out in Somalia and in Mombasa, Kenya. All interested companies are advised to familiarize themselves with the local environment and to consider the situation carefully for UNSOS locations in Kenya and Somalia that includes but not limited to the following:
a) UNSOS Mombasa Logistics Base in Kenya
b) Sector Hub locations in Somalia i.e. Mogadishu including Baledogle, Dhobley, Baidoa, Belet Weyne, Jowhar and Kismaayo.
c) AMISOM locations in Somalia i.e. Juba Hotel, – Syl Hotel - Parliament, Terebunka / Coca Cola Factory, Digfer Hospital, Benadir Hospital, Hoshi, Gashandiga, Shirkole, Lido Beach, Pasta Factory Steel Factory, Siligia, Old Seaport etc.
3. The proposed duration of Contract shall be for an initial period of three (3) years with an option to extend, at the sole discretion of the UN, by another two (2) one (1) year periods dependent on the continuation of UN mandate, availability of funds, and satisfactory performance of the Service Provider(s).
4. The Service Provider(s) is required to provide maintenance and repair services for UNSOS/AMISOM fleet of equipment and plants installed in various location in Kenya and Somalia. The Service Provider(s) shall be responsible for providing all means, tools, personnel and relevant facilities (including workshops) for sustained, efficient and reliable services. The description of required services, associated plans, schedules, tools and tool kits shall include but not confined to the following:-
i. Maintenance and operation of the UN Mission’s fleet of more than 550 units of generators of varying capacities. These services include but not limited to daily operations, refueling, logging, monitoring and reporting the performance of the gen-sets and the routine maintenance servicing and repair works.
ii. Maintenance, repair and operation of 240 units of Water Treatment Plants.
iii. Maintenance and repair of 286 units of Wastewater treatment plants.
iv. Maintenance and repair of 599 units of Kitchen appliances and equipment;
v. Maintenance and repair of 345 units of refrigeration, HVAC (heat, ventilation and including 1200 air-conditioning units) and 380 units of plumbing equipment;
vi. Maintenance and repair of 45 units of X-ray machines, several walk-through metal detectors and 35 units of incinerators, 50 units of shredders, 60 units of Atmospheric Water Generators and 6 units of weighing machines.
All quantities stated above are estimates.
5. The UN reserves the right to split the contract award amongst multiple contractor(s). Any resulting contract(s) shall be non-exclusive.
6. Companies interested in being considered for shortlisting for receipt of the UNPD/RPO solicitation document are requested to submit a written Expression of Interest, specifying the company's profile, as per Vendor Response Form attached providing:
(a) address, contact person, active telephone/fax numbers as well as e-mail contacts;
(b) Company’s registration ID number (if already registered with UN) and UNGM registration number (www.ungm.org).
c) Company must be registered in UNGM at least at Level 1 in order to be considered to participate in this UN solicitation.
7. Note that companies that have previously submitted EOIs for similar services with the UN must re-submit full documentation as detailed above.
9. Please note, this is NOT an invitation for submission of bids. It's purpose is to identify companies that would be interested to participate in the solicitation when issued.
10. A detailed Statement of Requirements (SOR) will be provided in the future to companies shortlisted for receipt of official UNPD/RPO solicitation.
11. The UNPD/RPO will examine the outcome of this request for EOI and will consider those companies that have expressed their interest providing the required information as to their ability to fulfill UNPD/RPO’s requirement.
12. The UNPD/RPO reserves the right to change or cancel the requirements at any time during the EOI and/or solicitation process. Thus, submitting a reply to this EOI does not automatically guarantee that your firm will be considered for receipt of the solicitation when issued. The tender and any subsequent commitment to contract will be issued in accordance with UN rules and regulations.
13. The Expressions of Interest (EOI) may be submitted only by e-mail no later than close of business 30 September 2016 to: email@example.com.