TZ-Tax Modernization Project - P100314
Tanzania Revenue Authority | Published October 1, 2015 - Deadline November 17, 2015
Design, Development, Supply, Installation, Configuration And
Commissioning Ofhardware And Software For Integrated Domestic Revenue Administration System
ISO 9001: 2008 Certified
TENDER NO. AE/023/ 2015-16/HQ/G/005
DESIGN, DEVELOPMENT, SUPPLY,INSTALLATION, CONFIGURATION AND COMMISSIONING OF
HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE
INTEGRATED DOMESTIC REVENUE ADMINISTRATION SYSTEM
INVITATION FOR BIDS (IFB) -- FIRST STAGE
1. This Invitation for Bids (IFB) follows the General Procurement Notice(GPN) for this project that appeared in The Daily News and Mwananchi Newspapers dated July 24, 2013.
2. The Government of the United Republic of Tanzania hasset aside funds for the operation of the Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA). The TRA is implementing its fourthCorporate Plan (2013/14-2017/18), which includes a comprehensive Tax Modernisation agenda. A number of Development Partners led by the United Kingdom's Department for International Development (UKDFID) and Denmarkare supporting TRA inimplementing the plan with technical assistance and funding.
The UK (DFID) and Denmark have committed funds to abasket account that is managed by the TRA tofund the majority of its reform activities. Further, Charles Kendall & Partners Ltdhave been engaged by the UK (DFID) to be the procurement Advisor for the tender for the design, configure, supply, installation,and commissioning of the Integrated Domestic Revenue Administration System(IDRAS).
3. The Tanzania Revenue Authoritynow invites sealed bids from eligible Bidders as defined in the Public Procurement Act, 2011and its Regulations of 2013; Regulation No. 6 (1-7) for the design, configure, supply, installation, and commissioning of the Integrated Domestic RevenueAdministration System (IDRAS).
4. The IFB comprises two separate documents issued as a zippedfile:
(1) Invitation for Bids for IDRAS 1st stagebids dated 30th September, 2015
(2) A template for bid responses including a TechnicalResponse Checklist.
5. Bidding will be conducted using the International Competitive Bidding(ICB) procedures specified in the PublicProcurement Act, 2011 and its Regulations of 2013, and is open to all bidders as defined in the Regulations who meet the minimumqualification criteria set out in Instruction To Bidders / Bid Data Sheet section 6.1 (a), in particular:
(a) The Bidder shall furnish documentary evidence to demonstrate that it meets the following minimum experience requirement(s):
i. During the past eight (8) years, the Bidder musthave completed at least two (2) successful contractsinvolving the design, development, supply, installation, configuration,commissioning and provision of technical support for similar and relevant Revenue Administration Systems. The systems must have aminimumof operationalized online facilities, workflow management, registration, return processing, payment, audit (with dynamicrisk management, Debt Management, compliance, refunds, Objection and Appeals,Management Information system for reporting, modules integrated(multiple taxes) and workingend to end based on service oriented architecture (SOA) and the system must have been completed andsuccessfully operational for at least one year in at least two different RevenueAdministrations at the time of bidding.
ii. References for the abovecontracts.
iii. That the Bidder certifies in their bids:
a. Thatthe proposed software for the Integrated Domestic Revenue Administration System isowned and was developed by themselves; and that in case of a Joint Venture; the owner of the software must be theleadbidder
b. That in thecase of a System Integrator, as a Bidderor lead bidder in Joint Venture, the Bidder shall submit compelling evidence that establishes to TRA's satisfaction (at its soledetermination) that both the Bidder andthe owner of the software for the Integrated Domestic Revenue Administration System have thefinancial, commercial and technical capacity to be, and would be if awarded the contract, jointly accountable to TRAfor thecapability to install, configure, customize and implement thesoftware and the provision of warranty and post-warranty services asrequired by the IFB.
c. As part of this evidence the Bidder or lead bidderin Joint Venture must include verifiable information
i. That it has successfully conducted the supply, installation, configuration, customization, implementation andprovision of warranty services, using the software that is being proposed in this bid, for at least two (2) comparable clients forintegrated (multiple tax-type) Revenue administration within the past eight (8)years using its personnel and not throughsubcontractors.
ii. Details of the agreement between the Bidder, thesoftware owner and client at those reference sites to substantiate these claims. Details of the relationship proposed between theBidder, software owner and TRA that substantiate a commercial and technical approach that TRA wouldassess.
For the purposeof this tender Software owner refers to anentity which retains theproperty, license and use of rights of the said software or solution.
iv. The Consultant's financial capacity tomobilize and sustain the Services is imperative. In the Proposal, the Consultant is required to provide information on itsfinancial status. This requirement can be met by submissionof one of the following: 1) audited financial statements for thelastthree (3) years, supported by auditor's letters, 2) certified financial statements for the last three (3) years, supported bytax returns, or 3) a copy of the Consultant's Dun & Bradstreet "Business Information Report" (BIR). The Dun & Bradstreetreport must be either notarized, or accompanied by the following statement by the Consultant:
"I certify that theattached BusinessInformation Report has been issued by Dun & Bradstreet within thirty (30) days of the date of this certification, that thereport has not been altered in any way since its issuance, and that it is true and correct to the best of my knowledge"
The statement must be signed by theauthorized representative of the Consultant.
If the Proposal is submitted by a joint venture, all parties of the joint ventureare required to submit their financial statements or Dun &Bradstreet BIRs. The reports should besubmitted in the order of theassociate's significance in the joint venture, greatest to least.
The Bidder must submit the financial statements as indicated above and these shouldshow that total annual turnover for those two years must meet or exceed USD 40 million or its equivalent in freely convertiblecurrencies in each year.
v. The bidder must submit documentary evidence toindicate capability in terms of management and human resource capability to provide six years post warranty technical support andhow they will carry such support in Tanzania if awarded the contract. The proposalshould include provision of necessary competencies to TRA staff during system development, warranty and post warranty period toensure the support and maintenance is provided by staff within the Authority
vi. Interested eligible bidders may obtain furtherinformation from Tanzania Revenue Authority and inspect the bidding documents at the Address given below from 08.00 to 17.00 hours(Monday to Friday) exclusive of public holidays.
6. A complete set of Bidding Documents in English will beissued in softcopy byemail to interested bidders on the submission of a written application, by email, bearing name of the firm, e-mail address, postal address, fax and telephone to the Address for TanzaniaRevenue Authority as indicated below. Thebidding documents will be sent by email. Tanzania Revenue Authority will not be heldresponsible and accountable for any delays ornon-receipt of the bidding documents.
7. A pre-bid meeting which potentialbidders mayattend will be held on 20th October, 2015 starting 10 am local time, East African Time at Board Room, 3rdFloor Tanzania Revenue Authority Headquarters, Sokoine Drive, Dar es Salaam. Bidders are requested to submit any questions in writing to reach the Purchaser not later than one week beforethe meeting.
8. A two-stage bidding process will be used whichwill proceed as follows:
(a) The first stage bid will consist of a technical bidonly, without any reference to prices, but including a list of any proposed deviations to the technical and commercial conditionsset forth in the bidding documents and/or adding any alternative technical solutions a Bidder wishes to offer, and a justificationthereof, always provided that such deviations or alternative solutions do not change the essential requirements specified in thebidding documents. Following the evaluation of first stagebids, a Bidder thatadequately meets the minimum acceptable qualification criteria and has submitted a sufficiently technically responsive bid may beinvited to attend a clarification meeting(s), during which the Bidder's bid will be reviewed. Any required bid-specific changes, additions, deletions and other adjustments will be noted and recorded in a memorandum,or, if amendments are of a general nature, will be promulgated via an addendumto the bidding documents. Bidders may not be invited to submit second stage bids, if their first stage bids contain departures from therequirements in such numbersor of such nature that making the bids fully responsive in the remaining time for the two-stage processcannot reasonably be expected. All other suitably qualified and eligible Bidders,however, shall receive invitations to submit second stage bids.
(b) The second stage bid will consist of: (i), the updatedtechnical bid incorporating all changes required as recorded in the bidder-specific memorandum, and/or as necessary to reflect anyAddenda to the bidding documents issued subsequent to the first bidding-stage; and (ii), the commercialbid.
9. First stage bids must be delivered to the TRA address below at or before11 am local time, East African Time, Tuesday17th November, 2015. Late bids will be rejected. First stage bids will be opened in the presence of the Bidders' representatives who chooseto attend at Board Room, 3rd Floor Tanzania Revenue AuthorityHeadquarters, Dar Es Salaam at 11 am local time, East African Time, Tuesday 17thNovember, 2015.
10. Prospective Bidders are advisedto payattention to the diligent preparation of the bids in accordance with the Bidding Documents.
Prospective Bidders are reminded that this is aninvitation for 1st-stage bids, therefore no price schedules shall be included with the bids.
11. The required format andformalities for the preparation and submission of 1st stage bids is defined in Section I: Instructions to Biddersclauses 13 to 18 and corresponding clauses in Section II: Bid Data Sheet.
As part of the Bid submission Bidders shall use theTechnical Responsiveness Checklist defined in Section VI: Technical Requirements and also issued to prospective biddersas softcopy(Microsoft Word) format.
Bids are required in hardcopy and softcopy as described in Section I:Instructions to Bidders clauses16.1 and corresponding clause in Section II: Bid Data Sheet.
12. The attention ofprospective Bidders is drawn to the fact that any fraudulent act shall be punishable in accordance with the law and by rejection ofbid.
13. The addressreferred to above is:
Room No. G 15, GroundFloor,
Dar Es Salaam,Tanzania
Tel: +255 22 2119591/4, +255 222113053
TANZANIA REVENUE AUTHORITY