TZ-Dar es Salaam Metropolitan Project - P123134
PRESIDENT?S OFFICE REGIONAL ADMINISTRATION AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT | Published September 9, 2016 - Deadline October 25, 2016
Supply Of Project Implementation Supervision Vehicles Under Dmdp
THE UNITEDREPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
REGIONAL ADMINISTRATIONAND LOCALGOVERNMENT
DAR ES SALAAM METROPOLITANDEVELOPMENT PROJECT (DMDP)
IDA CR. NO. 5585-TZ
INVITATION FOR BIDS (IFB)
TENDER NO. ME/022/2015/2016/G/21
THE SUPPLY OF PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION SUPERVISION VEHICLES UNDER the DMDP
1. This Invitation for Bids follows theGeneral Procurement Notice for this Project that appeared in the UN Development Business on April 22,2015.
2. The United Republic ofTanzania hasreceived a credit from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the cost of the Dar es Salaam Metropolitan Development Project (DMDP), and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this Credit to payments under theContract for the Supply ofProject Implementation Supervision Vehicles under theDar es SalaamMetropolitan Development Project (DMDP).
3. The President's Office - Regional Administration and Local Government(PO-RALG), now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for the Supply of ProjectImplementation Supervision Vehicles:- Lot 1: 4WD Double Cabin Pickups - 14units; Lot 2: 4WD Station Wagon Motor Vehicles (Type 1) - 3 units; Lot3: 4WD Station Wagon Motor Vehicles (Type 2) - 2 units; andLot 4: 4WD Station Wagon Motor Vehicles (Type 3) - 2 units; and Lot 5: 4WD Station Wagon Motor Vehicles (Type 4) ? 2 units underthe Dar es SalaamMetropolitan Development Project (DMDP). The delivery period is a maximum of 26 weeks.
4. Bidding will be conducted through theNational Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures specified in the World Bank's Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits (current edition), andis open to all bidders from Eligible Source Countries as defined in theGuidelines.
5. Interestedeligible bidders may obtainfurther information from the Project Coordinator, Dar es Salaam Metropolitan Development Project (DMDP), 4th Floor, LAPFMillennium Towers, Kijitonyama, P.O. Box 34314, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, Telephone +255-22-270 0769, Fax: +255-22-270 0768, E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org and inspect the Bidding Documents at the office of theSecretary, Ministerial Tender Board, President's Office, Regional Administration and Local Government, Ground Floor, Room No. 2,Benjamin Mkapa Building, P. O.Box 1923, Dodoma, Tanzania during office hours from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30p.m. local time on Mondays toFridays inclusive, except on public holidays.
6. Qualifications requirements include: (a) Financial Capability: Copies of latest available audited financial statements for the last 3 years toinclude [(i) Income and Expenditure Statements, (ii) Balance Sheets, and(iii) Source and Application ofFunds/Cash Flows]; (b) Experience andTechnical Capacity [(i) Copies of certificate of incorporation/registration, business bodies' affiliation,business license etc., (ii) Information on similar assignment contracts awarded in the past five (5) years (i.e. client, location,country, contract value etc.) - at least three (3) contracts for supply of similar goods in the last five (5) years, and (iii)Information on after-sales services within the country. If at the time of bidding, the bidder does not have adequate and provenafter sales technical support, then the bidder shall submit the plans for setting up such facilities in Tanzania in the event ofaward of contract, and explain as to how the bidder proposes to carry out installation and provide after sales technical supportservices until such services are set up in Tanzania bythe bidder]; and (c) Documentary evidence to demonstrate that the Goods it offers meet the followingusage requirement: Manufacturer's Authorization and Technical Specifications. A margin of preference for local bidders shallnot be applied.Additional details are provided in the Bidding Documents.
7. A complete set of Bidding Documents inEnglish may be purchased by interested bidders from the office ofthe Secretary, Ministerial Tender Board, President's Office, Regional Administration andLocal Government, Ground Floor,Room No. 2, Benjamin Mkapa Building, P.O. Box 1923, Dodoma, Tanzania on the submission of a written Application to the address below and upon paymentof a non-refundable fee of TZS 150,000.00 (Tanzanian Shillings One Hundred Fifty Thousand Only) or its equivalent in afreely convertible currency, payable by Banker's Cheque, Banker'sDraft or Cash to the Permanent Secretary, President's Office,Regional Administration and Local Government.
8. Bidsmust be delivered to: The Secretary,Ministerial Tender Board, President's Office, Regional Administration and Local Government, Ground Floor, Office of the ProcurementManagement Unit (PMU), Room No. 2, Benjamin Mkapa Building, P.O. Box 1923, Dodoma, Tanzania at or before Tuesday October 25, 2016at 10:00 a.m. localtime. Electronic biddingwill not be permitted. Late bidswill be rejected. Bids will be opened in thepresence ofthe bidders' representatives who choose to attend in person at the PO-RALG Conference Room, Ground Floor, Room No. 17, Benjamin Mkapa Building,Dodoma, immediately after the deadline for bid submission. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of TZS 50,000,000.00 (Tanzanian Shillings Fifty Million Only) or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency,clearly addressed to the Permanent Secretary, President's Office, Regional Administrationand Local Government.
REGIONALADMINISTRATION AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT,
P.O. Box 1923,Dodoma.
Tel:026-2321607/ 2322853/ 2322848