RCIP - Phase 3 - P111432
President?s Office, Public Service Management | Published September 17, 2015 - Deadline October 30, 2015
System Design, Development, Configuration, Supply
Installation, And Commissioning Of Hardware And Software For Rita?s Birth And Death
THE UNITED REPUBLICOF TANZANIA
Invitation for tender (IFT)
TENDER No. ME/005/RCIP/2014/2015/G/04
FOR SYSTEM DESIGN, DEVELOPMENT, CONFIGURATION, SUPPLY INSTALLATION, AND COMMISSIONING OFHARDWARE AND SOFTWARE FOR RITA'S BIRTH AND DEATH REGISTRATION SYSTEMS
1. ThisInvitation for Bids (IFB) follows theGeneral Procurement Notice (GPN) for this projectthat appeared in Development Business Issued in 31st May 2009 and 31st May 2013 and also the Guardian NewsPaper No. ISS No.856-5422 dated 26th September 2014.
2. The Government of United Republic of Tanzania hasreceived a loan from the International Development Association toward the cost of System design, development, configuration, SupplyInstallation, and Commissioning of Hardware and Software for RITA's Birth and Death Registration Systems, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds ofthis loan to payments under the agreement(s) resulting from this System design, development, configuration, Supply Installation, andCommissioning of Hardware and Software for RITA's Birth and Death Registration Systems,
3. ThePresident's Office, Public Service Management now invites sealed bids from eligible Bidders for Supply, Installation, Configurationand Commissioning of Hardware and Software forRITA's Birth and Death Registration Systems. The Registration Insolvency and Trusteeship Agency serves as the implementing agency for theproject.
4. Biddingwill be conducted using the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures specified in the World Bank's Guidelines:Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits, editionof January 11, Revised July 2014 and is open to all Bidders eligible asdefined in these Guidelines, that meet the following minimum qualification criteria; The average Annual turnover of not less thanUnited States Dollars five Million Only (US$ 5,000,000) or equivalent in freely convertible currency. The turnover need to bederived solely through the Supply, Installation, Configuration and Commissioning of VariousHardware and Software for the past threeyears (3) from bid submission, audited financial statements for the past three financial years (3). Likewise should havesuccessfully completed (as the prime contractor) at least Two large-scale projects of not less than United States Dollars fourmillion only (US$ 4,000,000) in the last five years in developing countries each for System design, development, configuration, SupplyInstallation, and Commissioning of Hardware and Software for RITA's Birth and Death Registration Systems that are in similar nature to requirements of thiscontract.
5. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from the Secretary, Ministerial Tender Board, President's office, Public Service Management, Block "F", DPMU Office, Utumishi House, 8Kivukoni Road, 11404, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. Attention; Secretary of Ministerial Tender Board, e-mail address; firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com and inspect the bidding documentsat the address given from 9.30 a.m. to 3.3.0 p.m. Mondays toFridays except of public holidays. A pre-bid meeting which potential bidders may attend will be held on Thursday 29th September 2015 at10:00 hours at the RITA Conference Room ? 5thFloor, Headquarters in RITA Tower, 4 SIMU Street, Dar esSalaam,Tanzania.
6. Acomplete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested bidder onthe submission of a written application to the address provided under paragraph 5 above and upon payment of non-refundable fee ofTanzanian Shillings Two Hundred and Fifty Thousands Only (Tshs. 250,000.00) or anequivalent in freely convertible currency. The method of payment will be by Cash,Banker's Draft, or Banker's Cheque, payable to the Permanent Secretary, President's Office, Public Service Management. or direct deposit or Telegraphic Transfer to the followingbank account:
Account Name: CPS MISCDEPOSIT
Account Number: 9921167201
Bank Details: BANK OF TANZANIA
Sort Code: 001001
The Bidding Documents willbe collected by bidder her/himself or sent by airmail for overseas delivery and surface mail orcourier for local delivery. However, President's Office, Public Service Management will not be held responsible and accountable forany delays or non-receipt of the bidding document.
7. Bids must be delivered to the Secretary, Ministerial Tender Board, President's Office, Public Service Management, Block"F" DPMU Office, Utumishi House, 8 Kivukoni Road, 11404 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania before 10.00 hours local time on Friday 30th October, 2015. Electronicbidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders' representatives whochoose to attend in person.
8 All bids mustbeaccompanied by a Bid Security of Tanzanian Shillings two Hundred Million Only (Tshs. 200,000,000) or equivalent in any freelyconvertible currency. The Bid Security should be addressed to the Permanent Secretary, President's Office Public ServiceManagement. The Bid Security shall be valid for Twenty Eight (28) days beyond the bid validity period,i.e. 148 days after the bidssubmission deadline
9. The attention of prospective Bidders is drawn to (i) the factthat theywill be required to certify in their bids that all softwareis either covered by a valid license or was produced by the Bidder and(ii) that violations are considered fraud, which can result in ineligibility to be awarded World Bank-financedcontracts.
Utumishi Building,Kivukoni Front, Block F, DPMU Office
Dar es Salaam ?Tanzania.
Tel: 0222131366/Fax: 022 2125299
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Orpmu.email@example.com