Rwanda Electricity Access Scale-up Proj. - P111567
Energy Utility Corporation Limited (EUCL) | Published July 31, 2015 - Deadline September 21, 2015
Supply, Installation & Training Of An Integrated Business
Management Information System (ibms) For Energy Utility Corporation Limited (eucl)
Invitationfor Bids (IFB)
Issuing date of theIFB: July 29th,2015
Project Name: RwandaEnergy Sector Strengthening Project (RESSP)
Supply,Installation & Training of an Integrated Business Management InformationSystem (IBMS) for Energy Utility Corporation Limited (EUCL)
This Invitation for Bidsfollows the General Procurement Notice for this Project that appearedinDevelopment Business, issue of April 15th, 2015.
The Government of Rwandahas applied for financing from the International Development Association (IDA)towards the cost of Rwanda Electricity Sector Strengthening Project (RESSP),and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this loan to paymentsunder theContract for "Supply,Installation & Training of an Integrated Business Management InformationSystem (IBMS) for Energy Utility Corporation Limited (EUCL)".
3. Energy Utility Corporation Limited(EUCL) serves as the implementing agency for the project and now invites sealedbids from eligible Bidders for the supply of an Integrated Business ManagementSystem (IBMS) including supply, installation, training, customizationandintegration with legacy systems, of the following Management Information Systems:
(i) acommercial management system (CMS), tosupport customer service and all commercial functions within the company;
(ii) anincident recording and management system(IRMS), to enable EUCL to better respond to client contingencies by automatingthe detection of distribution faults and ensuring the quality of power supply;
(iii) a corporateresources management informationsystem (also identified as "enterprise resource planning (ERP)" for the entireEUCL, to integrate the management of all the corporate processes and resourcesof the company under a single technological platform.
4. Biddingwill be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding (ICB)procedures specified in the World Bank's Guidelines: Procurement under IBRDLoans and IDA Credits, and is open to all bidders from Eligible SourceCountries as defined in the Guidelines, that meet the following minimumqualification criteria:
Companies with registration for providingsoftware development and consultancy are eligible for bidding.
The Bidder should be an establishedInformation Technology company/ IT System Integrator and should have been inthe business for a period exceeding six (6) years as on the date of opening ofbids.
Average Annual Turnover: The Bidder shoulddemonstrate a minimum average annual turnover of US$9,000,000.00 (nine millionAmerican dollars) equivalent, calculated as total certified payments receivedfor contracts in progress or completed, within the last five (5) years.
Financial Performance: Submission of auditedbalance sheets, or if not required by the law of the applicant's country, otherfinancial statements acceptable to theBidder, for the last five (5) years to demonstrate the current soundness of theapplicants financial position and its prospective long term profitability, andcapacity to have a cash flow amount of US$ 500.000 or equivalent.
The followingfinancial ratios should beaccomplished:
Current ratio(current assets / current liabilities) >= 1.0
Debt Ratio (Total Debt / Total Assets)
The Bidder should have completed two (2)successful contracts involving the development, installation, and provision oftechnical support for Information Systems of similar functional/technicalcharacteristics in electric utilities, wherein one of the utilities had morethan 700.000 (seven hundred) customers at the time of the implementation.
Bidder should have purchased the biddingdocuments before the bid opening and therefore should present the correspondingreceipt.
5. Interestedeligible Bidders may obtain further information from Energy Utility CorporationLimited and inspect the bidding documents at the address given below from 08 00 to17 00 hours local time. A pre-bid meeting which potential biddersmay attend will be held onAugust 10, 2015 10:00am local time
6. A complete hard copy set of the biddingdocuments in English may be collected in person by interested Biddersfrom theaddress below, on submission of a written application and upon payment of anon-refundable fee of One Hundred (100.00)US American Dollars or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currencydeposited to the account calledRECO/EARP n° 1230070 openedat BNR (National Bank of Rwanda).
7. Priorregistration through purchase of bidding document is required for attending thepre-bid meeting, submitting clarification questions on the bidding documentsand receiving automatic notice of answers and of addenda to the biddingdocuments.
8. Bidsmust be delivered to the address below at or before September21st , 2015 2:00pm local time.Bids need to be secured by a Bid Security. The amount of Bid Security required is USD $ 150,000.00 ( One hundred and fifty thousand American
dollars). Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence ofBidders' representatives who choose to attend at the address below atSeptember 21st , 20152:15pm.
9. Theattention of prospective Bidders is drawn to (i) the fact that they will berequired to certify in their bids that all software either is coveredby avalid license or was produced by the Bidder and (ii) that violations areconsidered fraud, which can result in ineligibility to be awarded WorldBank-financed contracts.
Energy Utility Corporation Limited (EUCL)
KN82 ST3, Room Number 114,
Nyarugenge District, Kigali City, PO Box 537
EricBUGINGO Odette MBABAZI
Head Procurement Management ManagingDirector