Education Improvement Project - P130182
Center for Education Projects | Published April 21, 2016 - Deadline May 5, 2016
Needs Assessment Of Teaching And Non-teaching Staff Of
Educational Institutions For The Integration Of Ict Into The Teaching And Learning As
Well As Administrative Processes &development Of Training Modules And Training Of Trainers
Republic of Armenia
Loan No.:5387-AM; Credit No.: 8342-AM
Needs Assessment of Teaching and Non-teaching Staff of Educational Institutions for the Integration ofICT into the Teaching and Learning aswell as Administrative Processes &Development of Training Modulesand Training ofTrainers
Reference No.: PPlines 1.3.1, Training Sheet
The Government ofArmenia has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost ofthe Education Improvement Project,and intends to apply part of the proceeds for services.
The services include (i) assessment of the needs of the school teachers of for the effective use and integration of ICTinto teaching and learning process and the needs of non-teaching staff of general and tertiary education institutions for theeffective use and integration of ICT in the implementation of administrative functions, (ii) development of training modules andguidelines based on the needs assessment both for trainers andtrainees and (iii) training of trainers. The firms may decide toattract or not to attract a local counterpart for assistance in its activities. The following activities are to be carried out bythe selected firm:
· Studyand analysis of the previous reports produced around the ICT application in Armenianschools and the professional development needs of teachers (such as the evaluation of ICT integration in Armenian Schools conductedin 2007, the Final Evaluation of APL1 conducted in 2009, The Assessment of Teachers Professional Development Needs conducted in2011, annual evaluation of the level of ICT use in Armenian schools by NACET, and other relevant reports);
· Review the current status of the ICT infrastructure and tools established in Armeniangeneral education and formulate recommendations on eventual need for enhancement, as applicable;
· Propose and implement a sound methodology (define sample, develop questionnaire, designfocus groups) for field-based assessment of training needs in core ICT skills for teaching and non-teaching staff of educationalinstitutions that will enable their efficient use of ICT in their respective roles and functions and produce an analytical reporton the findings along with recommendations on core ICT competencies gaps;
· Based on the findings from the needs assessment, develop training packageincluding certified training modules for teaching staff (on ICT-enabled Pedagogy) and non-teaching staff (on core ICT competenciesfor school administrative staff) of educational institutions. Thetraining package should also comprise Certification tests, Quality Control module andmonitoring tools;
· Prepare a time-bound plan for training of trainers (TOT);
· Develop criteria for recruiting trainers;
· Recruit and train trainers locally;
· Conduct certification of the trainers;
· Develop a set of recommendations for further improvement of ICT trainings of teaching andnon teaching staff of educational institutions.
The contract signing is anticipated in June, 2016 and the completion date is November, 2016. The language of the assignmentis English. Trainings should be provided for Armenian speaking target group.
The Center for Education Projects now invites eligible firms ("Consultants") to indicate their interest in providing theServices. Interested firms should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevantexperience to perform the Services (experience of the firm, evidence for the registration of the firm, CVs of key personnel). Theevaluation criteria are:
· General experience of the firm - 20 points
· Special experience of the firm (Experience in ICT training in educational sector) ? 50 points
Generalqualification of the key personnel (Strong team with at least one lead specialist highly experienced in designing training modulesin the area of ICT in education, and providing trainings to the staff of educational institutions) ? 30points
The firm should be financially stable to be able to carry out the assignment.
The attention of interested firms is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank'sGuidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loansand IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers [January 2011] ("Consultant Guidelines"), setting forth the World Bank'spolicy on conflict of interest.
The interested firms may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or asubconsultancy to enhance theirqualifications.
A firm will be selected in accordance withthe Consultant's Qualification method (CQS) set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at theaddress below during office hours 11:00 to 13:00 and from 14:00 to 17:00 hours Monday-Friday except of nationalholidays.
Expressions of interest must be delivered ina written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by May 5, 2016:
"Center for Education Projects"PIU
73 S. Vratsyan street, Yerevan, 0070,Armenia
Tel: (+37410) 57-56-90 ext. 63
Mr. Harutyun Gharibjanyan, Head ofICT Component
For additional information, please contact by the emailabove.