AF: ARTF - CB for Results Facility - P123845
Capacity Building for Results (CBR) Facility Project, | Published March 30, 2016 - Deadline April 6, 2016
Consultancy Services For Design And Implementation Of
E-recruitment Management System
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES ? FIRMS SELECTION)
Project : CapacityBuilding for Results
Grant No.: TF- 011447AF
Assignment Title: Consultancy Services for Design and Implementation of E-Recruitment ManagementSystem
Reference No. (as perProcurement Plan): CBR/MoF/94/CS-009
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost ofthe Capacity Building forResults (CBR) Facility Project, and intendsto apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services("the Services") include Consultancy Services for Design and Implementation of E-Recruitment Management System.
Capacity Building forResults "CBR" is an Afghan led reform and capacity building program, funded through Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF)under the Afghan National Budget.The CBR aims to assist the government in improving the capacity and performance of select lineministries in carrying out their mandates and delivering services to the Afghan people through National Priority Programs. Thiswill be achieved through the implementation of specific capacity and institution building programs, which include systematicmonitoring of and reporting on results. All line ministries can participate in the CBR, while the level of support is based onresults.
The CBR facility hasfour inter-related components: a) Technical Assistance Facility for the Preparation and Implementation of Capacity BuildingPrograms b) Building Human Capacity c) Civil Service Training and d) Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation.
Line Ministries getsupport from CBR programagainst their progress on reforms and indicative results. CBR programis coordinated with all current on-budget and off-budget technical assistances, which are being provided to the Line Ministries to improvethe synergies and avoidduplication.
Project Support Units(PSUs) in the Ministryof Finance and in the Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission (IARCSC) work closely toimplement the project.
The MoF PSU isresponsible for recruitment and deployment of TAs for the Line Ministries, apart from recruiting TAs for the National ProcurementAuthority (NPA). MoF PSU also recruits other national and international staff required to support PSU functions.
Human ResourcesManagement Unit of the MoF PSU is responsible for carrying out overall TAs recruitment management of project, to keep accuraterecord of TAs recruitment, contract management and performance appraisals to have an effective reporting system. The HR unit of theMoF PSU intends to strengthen its functioning in streamlining the whole recruitment, contract management and performance appraisalby developing an e-recruitment management system and has decided to hire the services of a consulting firm for developing thesame.
The services areprimarily to establish an effective, transparent, dynamic and accountable e-recruitment management system, a multi-componentsoftware tool designed to automate and facilitate the processes involved in finding, attracting, assessing, interviewing and hiringnew personnel for the CBR project.
The consulting firm has toperform the following tasks:
· Conduct assessment of existing recruitment functionalities,procedures, and systems of PSUs
· Collect information from PSUs on enterable data, required internal control and reporting needs.
· Design, customize, test and implement a comprehensive and secure e-recruitment management system for PSUs, including amodule foreffective monitoring and tracking of all CBR civil servant recruitments done by the LineMinistries.
· Do testing for data entry, data retrieval, system controls and report generation
· Prepare training plan and conduct training sessions for staff of PSU and CBR Line Ministries
· Develop system training material and operations manual for e-recruitment management and IT Staff ( soft & hardcopy)
The Capacity Building for Results Project, DirectorGeneral Budget, Ministry of Finance, IRoA now invites eligible consulting firms ("Consultants") to indicate their interest inproviding the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they havethe required qualificationsand relevant experience to perform the Services.
The short listing criteria are:
· Minimum 7 years of specialized experiencerelated to the assignment specifically in carrying out software system design and development;
· The Consulting firm should demonstratethat they have enough capacity (including personnel) in handing similar assignments;
· The Consulting firm should have an averageannual turnover of at least $ 225,000 or equivalent in last 3 years;
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn toparagraph 1.9 of the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants underIBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 ("Consultant Guidelines"), setting forth theWorld Bank's policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the formof a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with theQuality cum Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the addressbelow during officehours 08:00 to 16:00 hours.
Expressions of interest (EOI) must include thefollowing:
· Introductory letter on letter head (withcomplete contact details ? name of contact person, mailing address, telephone, fax, email etc) explaining how the firm is bestsuited to deliver the consultancy assignment;
· Last Two years annual report and last 3years financial statement;
· Details of similar projects implementedby the ConsultancyFirm pertaining to the short listing criteria;
· The EoI should contain sufficientsupporting document to substantiate the claim of the Consultant towards their qualification as per the short listingcriteria.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by6th April 2016, 16:00 Hrs.
Apre-proposal conference willbe held, date and time of which will be intimated to the short listedconsultants, in the RFP andLoI.
Capacity Building for Results (CBR)Facility Project,
Copies marked to email@example.com@gmail.com;firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact # + (93) +799 06 99 11 - +786 87 99 01