Greater Colombo Water and Wastewater Management Improvement Investment Program - Project 1
| Published November 5, 2015 - Deadline January 14, 2016
Invitation for Bids
1. The Government of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka has received loan
from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) towards the cost of the Greater Colombo Water and
Wastewater Management Improvement Investment Program – Project 1. Part of this loan
will be used for payments under the contract named above.
2. The Chairman, Ministry Procurement Committee (MPC), on behalf of the Ministry
Of City Planning & Water Supply (the “Employer”) now invites sealed bids from eligible
bidders for the construction of a three storey office building consisting of Design & Construction
of Reinforced Cement Concrete retaining walls, Design, Supply & Installation of Air conditioning
system, Elevator systems, Fire protection system, lightening protection system, Telephone &
local area network system, CCTV/Security system, Supply and fixing of partitions in approved
quality and colour, and Landscaping works (the “Works”).
3. National competitive bidding will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Single Stage:
One Envelope bidding procedure and is open to all Bidders from eligible countries as described
in the Bidding Document.
4. Only eligible Bidders with the following key qualifications should participate in this
• The Bidder shall have a minimum average annual construction turnover of LKR 250
million, calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress or
completed, within last three (03) years.
• Participation in at least two Construction contract of three (03) stories or above storied
buildings (consisting of design, supply & installation of Air Conditioners, Elevator
Systems, Fire protection/detection system, Water supply & sewerage disposal system
including plumbing work) that have been successfully or substantially completed within
the last five (05) years and that are similar to the proposed works, where the total value
of the Bidder’s participation in both contracts exceeds LKR 160 million cumulatively. The
similarity of the Bidder’s participation shall be based on the physical size, nature of
works, complexity, methods, technology or other characteristics as described in Section
6 (Employer’s Requirements).
Date: 5 November 2015
2947-SRI: Greater Colombo Water and Wastewater Management
Improvement Investment Program - Project 1
Construction of Area Engineer’s office at Ellie House
14 January 2016, 10:00 hours (local time)
• The Bidder must demonstrate access to, or availability of, liquid assets, lines of credit, or
other financial resources (other than any contractual advance payments) to meet the
Bidder’s monthly financial resources requirement of LKR 37 million.
5. Interested bidders may obtain further information from Assistant General Manager
(Tenders and Contracts), National Water Supply & Drainage Board (NWSDB), Galle Road,
Ratmalana over the telephone, number +94 11-2635885 or +94 11-2638999 Ext. 1750 or
facsimile number +94 11-2635885 (E-mail: email@example.com) and bidding documents
may be inspected free of charge at the office of the Assistant General Manager (Tenders and
Contracts), NWSDB, Galle Road, Ratmalana, Sri Lanka.
6. A Pre-Bid meeting shall take place followed by a Site Visit conducted by the Employer
on 03rd December 2015, 10.00 Hrs at GCWWMIIP PMU Office, 425/5, Havelock Road,
7. A complete set of bidding documents in English language may be purchased by
interested bidders on the submission of a written application on a business Letter Head to the
Assistant General Manager (Tenders and Contracts), NWSDB, Galle Road, Ratmalana, from 05
November 2015 until 13 January 2016 during 09:00 hours to 15:00 hours on normal working
days. The bid document shall be obtained upon payment of a non-refundable tender fee of
SLRs. 25,000.00 plus VAT in cash or Bank Draft in favor of National Water Supply and
8. Bids shall be delivered to the office of The Director (Procurement), Ministry Of City
Planning & Water Supply, “Lakdiya Medura”, No.35, Sunil Mawatha, Pelawatta, Battaramulla,
Sri Lanka to receive on or before 10.00 hrs on 14 January 2016 together with a Bid Security as
in the amount specified in the Bidding Document (Data Sheet). Bids will be opened at the same
place on the same day at 10.00 hrs in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose
9. The National Water Supply and Drainage Board will not be responsible for any costs or
expenses incurred by bidders in connection with the preparation, attending pre-bid meeting and
delivery of bids.