Lao PDR Trade Development Facility 2 - P130512
Ministry of Industry and Commerce, National Implementation Unit (NIU) | Published June 30, 2016 - Deadline July 22, 2016
Trade Policy And Business Facilitation Advisor
REQUEST FOREXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Trade Policy and Business Facilitation Advisor
The Second TradeDevelopment Facility (TDF-2) is a multi donor program financed by Australia, the European Union, Germany, Ireland, USAID, and theWorld Bank focusing on improvingtrade and private sector development in Lao PDR. The development objective of TDF-2, which isimplemented by the Ministry of Industry and Commerce, is to support the implementation of government's trade and integrationpriorities outlined in the 2012 Diagnostic Trade IntegrationStudy (DTIS) Roadmap, and in particular to contribute to improvedcompetitiveness and diversification, focusing outside the natural resource sectors. TDF-2 has three main components: (a) Trade facilitation, trade policy and regulations; (b) Diversification andcompetitiveness; and, (c) Mainstreaming aid for trade.
The appraised value of the project is US$ 14.0 million, with implementation to take place over a period offour years, starting in April 2013. Technical responsibility forimplementation of the Trade Development Facility lies with the National ImplementationUnit (NIU), based within the Planning and Cooperation Department of the Ministry of Industry and Commerce.
NIU is seeking a dynamic and experienced full-timenational consultant to fill the position of Trade Policy Advisor (TPA)who will support the Foreign Trade Policy Department (FTPD) of the Ministry of Industry and Commerce in implementing thesub-components related to trade in goods and trade in services in TDF-2. The services shall be required for a period of 8 months on a full-time basis and may beextended depending on the Consultant's performance, availability of funds and the actual Project needs. The tentative commencementdate of services is August - September 2016. It is expected that all inputs shall be delivered in Vientiane, Lao PDR workingalongside government officials in MOIC and other Ministries. The full detailed ToR is available at the NIU's website: http://t4dlaos.org/index.php/en/work-with-us/vacancies.
In order to be considered for theposition, the candidates should meet the following qualifications and experience requirements:
· At least Master's degree in law, economics, public administration, or related discipline.
· Minimum6 years working experience on business regulation or trade policy,including areas such as WTO trade law, academic research on trade policy and trade in services.
· Proveninternational consulting experience in trade policy and business regulation.
· Experienceworking in ASEAN countries would be a strong asset.
· Minimum2 years working experience on related program management, especially on development programs.
· Relevant work experience in developing countries, in particular in connection with the public sector.
· FluencyinEnglish (spoken and written). Knowledge of Lao language, while not required, is a strong asset.
· Publication record of research papers or policy notes on trade or investment policy is anasset.
· Stronginterpersonal skills to facilitate dialogue with various government agencies, engage with senior and technical staff, and theprivate sector.
· Willingtowork alongside and assist national counterparts in a practical and proactive way.
The Consultant will be selected in accordance withthe Individual Consultants (IC) selectionmethod set out in the Consultant Guidelines, in line with the World Bank's Guidelines "Selection and Employment of Consultants",January 2011 edition.
The NIU now invites interested eligible consultants toprovide information indicating that you are qualified to perform the services (curriculum vitae with expressions of interest andreferences). Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below or no laterthan July 22, 2016, 16:00 o'clock(submissions via email are also acceptable). Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attn: Mr. Sengphanomchone Inthasane, NIU Manager
CC: Mr. Keophouthone Inthivong, ProcurementOfficer
Ministry of Industry and Commerce, NationalImplementation Unit (NIU)
Ban Phonxay, Xaysettha District, Vientiane Capital, LaoPDR
Tel: +856(21) 41 39 16 ? 45 39 82; Fax: +856(21)41 39 16,