Provision of Taxi Services at Entebbe Support Base
United Nations Secretariat | Published March 16, 2017
1.1 UNPD Regional Procurement Office (RPO), on behalf of MONUSCO hereby invites qualified vendors to submit their Expression of Interest for the provision of Taxi Services at Entebbe Support Base (ESB) for the contract period initially of 1 year with the option to extend for two additional 1 year periods. In general terms, the successful Contractor shall provide Taxi services on as-and-when required basis.
1.2 MONUSCO will require taxi services for official business only in a number of ways including, but not limited to, travel to and between UN premises, the international airport, authorized hotels or any other destination as per the individual's request.
1.3 The Contractor shall provide, as a minimum, vehicles, including buses, as follows:
• Right hand drive
• Varying seating capacities + driver
• Year of manufacture no less than 2006
• Type of fuel - Diesel or petrol.
• Passenger and Driver’s seat belts
• Fully functioning Air-conditioning
1.4 The successful Contractor shall be responsible for providing all necessary Personnel and Equipment required for satisfactory performance of the services to ensure uninterrupted service to MONUSCO. The successful Contractor shall also be fully responsible for the sustainment of all Personnel and ensure all Personnel, tools, supplies and equipment is in place and also ensure that there is an adequate complement in reserve of competent personnel available to cover for holidays, sickness or any other absence.
1.5 For all other bookings, the Contractor shall provide the pre-agreed vehicle within a maximum of 30 (thirty) minutes of receiving a booking or at the agreed pre-booked time. In addition, the Contractor shall be responsible for the provision of fuel and lubricants during each rental period as well as buses’ cleanliness, repairs and maintenance.
1.6 All vehicles provided under the Contract shall have a road worthiness certificate and/or will undergo a road worthiness test conducted by sanctioned UN personnel or agents; and a valid third party insurance coverage for the duration of the Contract, subject to verification by MONUSCO Transport section.
1.7 MONUSCO will not be liable for any legal matters should circumstances arise as a result of transporting unauthorized passengers/cargo during the taxi service; MONUSCO will not be responsible for circumstances that may arise should private arrangements be made between drivers and personnel/staff that have not be authorized by MONUSCO Transport representatives.
1.8 The Contractor shall be responsible for the provision of fuel and lubricants during each rental period.
1.9 Payments will be made within 30 days from the receipt of the invoice, subject to verification and certification of invoice(s).
2. Companies interested in providing the above services are invited to submit their EOI, along with the following documents:
a) Company’s full profile with all details (address, contact person, telephone/fax numbers, e-mail)
b) Copies of the company’s business registration certificate and license in this line of business
c) General organizational capability and resources (staffing, years of experience in the above field, equipment, proof of financial strength for the last three years, etc).
d) Experience profile (service description, service amount and contracting organization/entity e.g. UN, Governments, NGOs, etc.)
e) Company’s registration number (if already registered with UN) and UNGM registration number (www.ungm.org)
3. Note that companies that have previously submitted EOI for similar services with UN must re-submit full documentation as detailed above.
4. Please note, this is not an invitation for submission of proposals. Its purpose is to identify companies that would be interested in participating in the solicitation when issued.
5. The UNPD/RPO will examine the outcome of this request for EOI and will consider those companies that have expressed their interest in providing the required information as to their ability to fulfill UNPD/RPO’s requirement.
6. UNPD/RPO reserves the right to change or cancel the requirement at any time during the EOI and/or solicitation process. Thus, submitting a reply to this REOI does not automatically guarantee your company will be considered for receipt of the solicitation when issued. The tender and any subsequent commitment to contract will be issued in accordance with UN rules and regulations.
7. The expressions of interest (EOI) may be submitted by mail, clearly marked with the inscription “Expression of Interest – " Provision of Taxi Services at Entebbe Support Base" and sent to the following address to be received no later than 17H30 (Entebbe local time: GMT +3) on 4th April 2017.
Regional Procurement Office
Entebbe Support Base
Fax: + (256) 312 323 264
Email address: email@example.com
8. EOIs not addressing the above criteria to the satisfaction of UNPD/RPO shall not be considered for the solicitation to bid, if and when issued. UNPD/RPO reserves the right in selecting the invitees for the solicitation and mere expressing an interest would not automatically warrant your organization for the solicitation document.
9. Queries regarding this REOI should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.