BD: Siddhirganj Power Project - P095965
Electricity Generation Company of Bangladesh Ltd. | Published April 29, 2015 - Deadline June 29, 2015
Egcb-g2: Supply & Installation Of An Enterprise Resource
Planning (erp) And Enterprise Asset Management (eam) System (re-advertisement)
Invitation for International Bids(IFB)
EGCB-G2: Supply & Installation of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) andEnterprise Asset Management (EAM) System
Bidder's Reference/IFB No: W ? 1009, Date: 27 April 2015
Project: Siddirganj Power Project
IDA Credit No.: 4508 BD (Readvertisement)
Purchaser: Electricity Generation Company of Bangladesh (EGCB) Ltd.
1. This Invitation for Bids (IFB) follows the General ProcurementNotice (GPN) for this project that appeared in UNDB online (DB Reference No: WB 6355-11/13) on November 20,2013.
2. The Government of the Peoples' Republic of Bangladesh hasreceived financing in the amount of USD 350 million equivalents from the World Bank toward the cost of the Siddhirganj PowerProject, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds to payments for goods, works andconsulting services to be procured under thisproject. The project isunder implementation and major contracts have been awarded for power plantconstruction.
3. The Electricity Generation Company ofBangladesh (EGCB) Ltd. serves as the implementing agency for the project; and is an enterprise of the Bangladesh Power DevelopmentBoard. EGCB Ltd. now invites sealed bids from eligible Bidders for Supply, Installation & Implementation of a Commercial of theShelf (COTS) Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Enterprise Asset Management(EAM) System including project management, equipment supply, installation, implementation, customization, integration,training and support.
4. The ERP-EAM system will be implemented at the following site locations in Bangladesh in the Phase IImplementation - (i)Siddhirganj 2x120 MW Peaking Power Plant (PPP), (ii) Haripur 412 MW Combined Cycle Power Plant(CCPP) and (iii) EGCB Corporate Office, Dhaka. Phase II implementation will cover Siddhirganj 335 MW Combined Cycle Power Plant (CCPP).
5. Procurement of the contractfinanced by the World Bank will be conducted through the procedures for a single-stage bid as specified in the World Bank'sGuidelines: Procurement underIBRD Loans and IDA Credits (January 2011), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the guidelines that meet the following minimumqualification criteria:
· Bidder (each partner in case of Joint Venture) musthave been in operation in IT sector (IT infrastructure or ERP & EAM software or ERP & EAM implementation services business)for a minimum of ten (10) years;
· Bidder must have completed withinthe last ten (10) years at least two (2) ERP& EAM software solution contract involving installation, implementation and technical support for COTS ERP & EAM softwaresolution with a minimum value of US$ 2 million or equivalent of each contract and is fully operational for at least 2 (two) yearsin which 1 (one) must be in any thermal power generation entity with capacity of at least 100 MW or more in one power stationcomplex. In case of joint venture, the partner in charge (i.e. lead partner) must have at least 1 (one) ERP & EAMImplementation Service business experience with a minimum value of US$ 2 millionor equivalent and is fully operational for at least2 (two) years.
· Bidder shall demonstrate average annual business turnover of at least US$ 15 (fifteen) million orequivalent calculated as total certified payments received for contract in progress or completed within last five (5) years from ITbusiness. In case of JV, Lead partner must demonstrate a minimum of 40% of the average annual turnover and each member of a jointventure shall demonstrate a minimum average annual turnover of 25% of the overall required average annual turnover but all partnerstogether meet 100% requirement.
· Bidder (single or joint venture) must demonstrateminimum availability of liquid assets of US$3 (three) million or equivalent.
· Bidder (single or at least one partner in case ofjoint venture) must be certified by valid SEI-CMM level minimum 3 or valid ISO 9001:2008.
· Bidder's hardware group must be certified by validISO 9001:2008.
· The Bidder (single or lead partner in case of jointventure)must be a certified service partner of the recommended ERP solution with an OEM certification as a Certified ImplementationPartner.
· If the bidder does not have any registered office in Bangladesh, bidder must engage one or morefirms registered in Bangladesh to provide warranty and post-warranty support services (i.e. post implementation support services)under the contract resulting from this bidding process. The firm(s) must have fully functional office in Bangladesh and continuedIT business in Bangladesh for the last 5 (five) years. The bidder may engage the firm(s) to provide post implementationsupportservices either as partner of the Joint Venture or Subcontractor or Agent. The scope of support services must be mentioned in thescope of Joint Venture Agreement in case of Joint Venture Partner or Authorization letter in case of Subcontractor or Agentagreement in caseof an Agent.
6. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information fromElectricity Generation Company of Bangladesh Ltd. and inspect thebidding documents at the address given below from 9:00 am to 5:00pm.A pre-bid meeting will be held on 11 am (BST, GMT+6.00), 13 May 2015 at corporate office, EGCB Ltd. With the potentialbidders.
7. A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchasedby interested Bidders on submission of a written application to the address below (letter or email) and upon payment of anonrefundablefee of BDT 25,000 or USD 320. The method of payment will be in the form of
a. A payment order or demand draft infavorof the 'Siddhirgonj 335 MW Combined Cycle Power Plant Project'.
b. Bidders may also directly remit fundstoCorporate Office A/C: 0011736000294 at Sonali Bank Limited, Kawran Bazar Branch, Dhaka, Bangladesh, routing numbers: 200262530 orat Siddhirgonj 335 MW Combined Cycle Power Plant Project Office A/C: 107-131-0000075-0,The Premier Bank Limited, Kawran BazarBranch, Dhaka, Bangladesh, SWIFT code: PRMRBDDHKBR.
8. Bids must be delivered to the address below at or before 11am(BST, GMT+6.00) on 29 June 2015. Late Bids will not be accepted. Bids will be opened in the presence of Bidder's representativeswho choose to attend at the address below at 11:30 am (BST, GMT+6.00) 29 June 2015.
9. Bids need to be secured by a bid security. The amount of BidSecurity required is USD One hundred thousand ($100,000) or BDT Eighty Lac (80, 00,000).
10. Website publication of bid document will be available in PDF format on EGCBwebsite for all visitors. Please note that bidders must purchase bid documents to be eligible for bidsubmission.
11. The attention of prospective Bidders is drawn to (i) the fact that they willbe required to certify in their bids that all software is either covered by a valid license or has been produced by the Bidder and(ii) that violations are considered fraud, which can result in ineligibility to be awarded World Bank-financedcontracts.
Kazi Nazrul Islam
Electricity Generation Company of Bangladesh Ltd.
BTMC Bhaban (level 8), 7-9 Kawran Bazar, Dhaka 1215,Bangladesh.
Tel: 880-2-9134029, 9134032, 8124197, Fax: 880-2-9118345,