UG-Water Mgmt & Dev. Project - P123204
The Ministry of Water and Environment | Published November 11, 2015 - Deadline December 8, 2015
Consultancy Services For Upgrading To A National Water Quality
Reference Status The Laboratory At The Directorate Of Water Resources Management,
Ministry Of Water & Environment
The Republicof Uganda
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES ? FIRMS SELECTION)
Water Management &Development Project
The World Bank ?Project ID: P123204
LoanNo./Credit No./ Grant No.: 51270
AssignmentTitle: CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR UPGRADING TO A NATIONAL WATER QUALITY REFERENCE STATUS THE LABORATORY AT THE DIRECTORATE OF WATERRESOURCES MANAGEMENT, MINISTRY OF WATER & ENVIRONMENT
Reference No. : MWE/SVCS/15-16/00020
TheGovernment of the Republic of Uganda has received financing from The World Bank toward the cost of the Water Management &Development Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consultancy services.
Theconsultancy services ("the services") include:
· Review of the Laboratory Quality System and alignment to the requirements in ISO/IEC17025:2005
· Validation of analytical methods including determining Uncertainty of Measurements
· Training laboratory staff in Laboratory Internal Auditing based on ISO/IEC17025:2005
· Performance qualification and optimization for the following equipment: Gas chromatograph - mass spectrophotometer, High PerformanceLiquid Chromatograph, Liquid chromatograph-massspectrophotometer, Inductively Coupled Plasma spectrometer, Ion chromatograph and discreet analyser. Equipment models are Perkin Elmer, Agilent, Dionex, Skalar and Gallery.
· Development of a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
· Establishment of a National Inter-Laboratory Comparison scheme.
The duration of the services will be two yearswith scheduled inputsby different consultants as required.
TheMinistry of Water andEnvironment now invites eligible consulting firms ("Consultants") to indicate their interest in providing theServices. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have therequired qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services by providing description of similar assignmentsperformed and level of experience, availability of staff with appropriate knowledge, training, skills and experience and proof oflegal status.
The short listing criteria is:
· Proof that firm is operating among other laboratories, water testing laboratoriesaccredited for microbiology, metals, inorganics, organics and sediments methods to ISO/IEC 17025:2005
· Current accreditation status
· Personnel presented as Laboratory Quality System specialists must have hands-onworking experience of not less than 10 years in a water testing laboratory implementing the requirements of the international standard ISO/IEC 17025: 2005 for testing and calibration laboratories.
· Experience of not less than 5 years ofoperating a specific equipment in an accreditedlaboratory is required for personnel presented as equipment specialists and
· Experience of not less than 5 years insetting up LIMS systems for accreditedlaboratories for the LIMS specialist.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawnto paragraph 1.9 ofthe World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants (under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits &Grants) by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 ("Consultants Guidelines") setting forth the Bank's policy on conflict ofinterest.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance theirqualifications.
AConsultant will be selected in accordance with the 'Selection Based on the Consultants'Qualifications (CQS) method set out in the ConsultantGuidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the addressbelow during office hours (Monday to Friday 0900 to 1700 hours except on Pubic holidays)
Expression of Interest(One original and five copies) must be delivered in written form to the address below (in person or by email) by 1100 hours on 8th December, 2015
Procurement and DisposalUnit
Attn: The Head, Procurement
Ministry of Water andEnvironment
Plot 22/28 Port Bell Road,Luzira
P.O. Box 20026
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with copies to email@example.com;firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
MINISTRY OF WATER ANDENVIRONMENT