Engagement of a Director - Accelerating Commercialisation for the Entrepreneurs' Programme
Department of Industry and Science | Published September 3, 2015 - Deadline September 29, 2015
In relation to the Accelerating Commercialisation element of the Entrepreneurs’ Programme, the Director Accelerating Commercialisation will support the Programme Delegate to deliver on the programme’s objectives by providing the following services:
1. provide public advocacy for the Entrepreneurs’ Programme, with a particular focus on commercialisation;
2. provide strategic advice on programme improvement and delivery infrastructure in the context of the contemporary Australian innovation landscape;
3. assist with engaging private sector contractors as Commercialisation Advisers with appropriate skills and expertise in commercialisation to assist in the delivery of the programme;
4. provide leadership to, and review the progress of, Commercialisation Advisers and provide recommendations to the Programme Delegate;
5. work with the Business Development Commercialisation Advisors by focusing on (but not limited to):
- building the Expert Network infrastructure;
- promoting the participant Portfolio, both domestically and internationally; and
- facilitating commercial opportunities between the Portfolio and the expert network.
6. provide advice to the Programme Delegate on the engagement of members of the Expert Network;
7. advise the Programme Delegate on programme promotional material to ensure it is appropriate for a business audience, including advising in an editorial capacity on the “dealflow” publication (see http://www.business.gov.au/news-and-updates/newsletters/dealflow/Pages/default.aspx);
8. foster positive interaction and working relationships with relevant Ministers (particularly Portfolio Minister and Minister for Small Business), key stakeholders in the Australian Public Service, industry bodies, professional and corporate investors and the education and research communities;
9. provide regular reports, updates on meetings, planned events and activities, and other documentation to the Programme Delegate as required; and
10. other services as required to support delivery of the programme and achieve key programme goals.
Director Accelerating Commercialisation’ means a contractor engaged by the Department, to provide assistance and advice services to the Programme Delegate in relation to the delivery of the Accelerating Commercialisation element of the Entrepreneurs’ Programme.