AF: ARTF-Public Fin. Mgmt. Reform II - P120427
ARMP PROJECT SUPPORT UNIT (PSU), Afghanistan Revenue Department | Published October 10, 2016 - Deadline October 24, 2016
(international Resident Advisor ? Tax Administration)
ARD Terms of References for the World Bank funded project(PFMRII)
(International ResidentAdvisor ? Tax Administration)
Reference #: ARD/AF/C-1
AboutAfghanistan Revenue Department:
The Afghanistan RevenueDepartment (ARD) is the unit of the government responsible for the administration and collection of tax and non-tax revenuerequired to fund services provided by the Government of Afghanistan. Over the past few years, considerable achievements have been made in ARD's ability to collect revenue. However, insufficient domestic revenue to adequately fundeducation, health care, security and other critical services remains aserious problem. The Government of Afghanistan has therefore deemed an increase in domestic revenue a priority and imperative to the goal ofreducing long-term reliance on donors.
As part of the AfghanistanReconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) ? Public Financial Management Reform Project, the World Bank has provided funding to support theGovernment of Afghanistan in meeting its goals.
ARD intend to use a portion of itsfunding to hire a Tax Administration Resident Advisor. The Resident Advisor would be assigned to work directly with the Director General to assist inthe establishment of an effective Executive office. The key objective would be todevelop the knowledge, skills and abilities of assigned personnel to enable them to be an effective support system in implementing tax administration reform programs aimed at achieving more effective and efficientadministration of the tax system, improving services to the taxpaying population, and strengthening overall revenuegeneration.
1. Advising the Director General on various institutional developments issues
2. Advising on the approaches and negotiation processes for potential funding of all ARDreforms, project work plans and modernization programs;
3. Advising on the management of donor funds, its allocation andreporting;
4. Assist in developing and monitoring the tax administration strategic and workplans;
5. Assist in developing and updating revenue administration reform strategies;
6. Assist in assessing the areas requiring technical assistance ;
7. Coordinate with other TA providers and experts to help authorities implement measures tostrengthen overall tax administration;
8. Plan, develop and participate in seminars and workshops aimed to strengthen the overallcapacity of the management staff;
9. Assisting ARD to further restructure and organize itself under functional lines;
10. Perform other duties as deem appropriate
Minimum Qualifications andExperience/Skills Required
1. At least a Master Degree in Accounting, Economics, Management, Law, Project Management, Business Administration, Communication, orRelevant Field;
2. At least 5 years senior level management experience within atax administration organization;
3. At least 5 years' experienceproviding tax administration technical assistance in developing countries;
4. Ability to conduct performance assessment reviews;
5. Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects and work activities in accordance withmilestones and goals;
6. Abilitytopresent clear and concise information consistent with the targeted audience and represent the organization as needed;
7. Excellent Organizational and Communicationskills ? Excellent Report writing and presentation skills;
8. Proficiency in English mandatory ? knowledge of Dari or Pashto is considered an advantage;
9. Ability to work well in a teamenvironment;
10. Ability to work independently
Duration and Timeframe: The internationalHRConsultant will be appointed for a period of 08 Months (November 2016-June2017)
Location of Assignment: Kabul,Afghanistan
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates shouldsubmit their applications by e-mail by 24 th October, 2016 to:
ARMP PROJECT SUPPORT UNIT (PSU), Afghanistan Revenue Department, Ministry of Finance, Kabul-Jalalabad Road, Kabul,Afghanistan.
Ismail Khan ? ProjectCoordinator
Cell #:+93 (0) 790 40 60 52
Please note that applications received after theclosing date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.