D--534-16-1-5088-0010 Cable TV and Internet Service
Department of Veterans Affairs, Charleston VAMC | Published September 17, 2015 - Deadline September 25, 2015
Solicitation Number: VA-247-15-Q-0994_1
Notice Type: Combined Synopsis/Solicitation
Synopsis: This is a COMBINED SYNOPSIS/SOLICITATION for commercial services/items prepared in accordance with the format in subpart 12.6, in conjunction with the policies and procedures for solicitation, evaluation, and award as prescribed under FAR 13.1, and as supplemented with additional information included in this notice. This announcement constitutes the only solicitation; quotes are being requested and a written solicitation will not be issued.
(ii) The solicitation number is VA-247-15-Q-0994_1 and is issued as a COMBINED SYNOPSIS/SOLICITATION (iii) The provisions and clauses incorporated into this solicitation document are those in effect through Federal Acquisition Circular 2005-52, November 2, 2011. Provisions and clauses incorporated by reference have the same force and effect as if they were given in full text. The full text of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Veterans Affairs Acquisition Regulations supplement (VAAR) can be accessed on the Internet at http://www.arnet.gov/far (FAR) and http://vaww.appc1.va.gov/oamm/vaar (VAAR) (iv) This is an unrestricted solicitation, brand name or equal. The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code is 517110, and the size standard is 500 employees.
(v) This requirement consists of the following:
Cable TV and Internet Service for R.H.Johnson VA Medical Center
VENDOR TO PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING AT
RALPH H. JOHNSON VA MEDICAL CENTER,
109 BEE STREET, CHARLESTON, SC
Item Description Qty Unit of Unit Total
Measure Price Price
1. CABLE TELEVISION SERVICE FOR
APROXIMATELY 274 UNITS AND CABLE
INTERNET SERVICE DESIGNATED AS 4TH
FLOOR. 12 MO
2. CABLE INTERNET SERVICE DESIGNATED AS
UTILITY ROOM 12 MO
3. CABLE INTERNET SERVICE DESIGNATED AS
MODEM II 12 MO
4. CABLE INTERNET SERVICE DESIGNATED AS
MODEM III 12 MO
5. CABLE INTERNET SERVICE DESIGNATED AS
ADDITIONAL MODEM 12 MO
STATEMENT OF WORK 534-16-1-5088-0010
1. TITLE OF PROJECT: Provide cable TV and internet service to R. H. Johnson VA Medical Center (RHJVAMC)
2. SCOPE OF WORK: The contractor shall provide all resources necessary to cable tv to approximately 274 locations, and cable internet service. All work to be performed at the RHJVAMC, 109 Bee St, Charleston, SC 29401, contact phone (843)789-7256.
3. BACKGROUND: RHJVAMC requires cable TV service to many patient rooms and waiting areas, as well as cable internet service.
4. PERFORMANCE PERIOD: The contractor shall service required by this Statement of Work (SOW) for a period of one year from award date unless otherwise directed by the Contracting Officer (CO).
5. TYPE OF CONTRACT: Firm Fixed Price
These specifications are a statement of the minimum level of work and services that are to be provided under this contract. They are not intended to be, nor shall they be construed as, limiting specifications or requirements. At a minimum, the contractor shall be required to take all steps and measures which would be taken by a prudent building owner to ensure that the service provided will at a minimum be equivalent to what is currently provided on a month by month basis.
1) Provide approximately 60 channels of television to approximately 274 locations in the RHJVAMC, including cable internet service via cable modem located on the 4th floor.
2) Provide cable internet service via cable modem currently designated as Utility Room.
3) Provide cable internet service via cable modem currently designated as Modem II.
4) Provide cable internet service via cable modem currently designated as Modem III.
5) Provide cable internet service via cable modem currently designated as Additional Modem.
CHANGES TO STATEMENT OF WORK
Any changes to this SOW shall be authorized and approved only through written correspondence from the CO. A copy of each change will be kept in a project folder along with all other products of the project. Costs incurred by the Contractor through the actions of the parties other than the CO shall be borne by the Contractor.
The Contractor shall obtain all necessary licenses and/or permits required to perform the work. In addition, the Contractor shall provide the COTR with a copy of any licenses and/or permits obtained.
All work is to be conducted at the RHJVAMC, 109 Bee St, Charleston, SC 29401, contact phone (843)789-7256. The Contractor is responsible for any anticipated travel and per diem.
The VA shall grant the Contractor access permission to all areas of the RHJVAMC necessary to provide the services required under this contract.
CONTRACTOR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The Contractor shall be a licensed provider of Cable TV and Cable Internet services capable of providing the equipment and services specified above. The Contractor shall provide trained supervisory personnel, and trained technicians experienced in installation cable television and cable internet infrastructure.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND NON-DISCLOSURE
It is agreed that:
1. The preliminary and final deliverables, and all associated working papers, application source code, and other material deemed relevant by VA which have been generated by the contractor in the performance of this task order, are the exclusive property of the U.S. Government and shall be submitted to the CO at the conclusion of the task order.
2. The CO will be the sole authorized official to release, verbally or in writing, any data, draft deliverables, final deliverables, or any other written or printed materials pertaining to this task order. No information shall be released by the contractor. Any request for information relating to this task order, presented to the contractor, shall be submitted to the CO for response.
3. Press releases, marketing material, or any other printed or electronic documentation related to this project, shall not be publicized without the written approval of the CO.
CONTRACTOR PERSONNEL SECURITY REQUIREMENTS
The C&A requirements do not apply, and a Security Accreditation Package is not required.
(vi) 52.212-1 (a)The Government will award a contract resulting from this solicitation to the responsible offeror whose offer conforming to the solicitation will be most advantageous to the Government, price and other factors considered. The following factors shall be used to evaluate offers:Lowest price technically acceptable (LPTA)
(b) Options. The Government will evaluate offers for award purposes by adding the total price for all options to the total price for the basic requirement. The Government may determine that an offer is unacceptable if the option prices are significantly unbalanced. Evaluation of options shall not obligate the Government to exercise the option(s).
(c) A written notice of award or acceptance of an offer, mailed or otherwise furnished to the successful offeror within the time for acceptance specified in the offer, shall result in a binding contract without further action by either party. Before the offer's specified expiration time, the Government may accept an offer (or part of an offer), whether or not there are negotiations after its receipt, unless a written notice of withdrawal is received before award.
(End of Provision)
The following also apply to this solicitation: FAR 52.216-18 Ordering; VAAR 852.232-72 Electronic submission of payment requests; VAAR 852.236-76 Correspondence; VAAR 852.237-70 Contractor Responsibilities; VAAR 852.270-1 Representatives of Contracting Officers; VAAR 852.273-75 Security Requirements for Unclassified Information Technology Resources; VAAR 852.273-76 Electronic Invoicing
(vii) 52.212-2, Evaluation - Commercial Items: FAR provision 52.212-2 applies to this solicitation.
The Government anticipates awarding a single contract resulting from this solicitation to the lowest priced technically acceptable offer that conforms to all solicitation requirements. At a minimum, the offered item(s) must meet all requirements set forth in the product specifications/salient characteristics of the requested items manufacturer documentation to be considered a responsive offer. The offereror that submits the offer that meets all of the requirements of the solicitation, is responsive and responsible, and has the lowest cumulative price for all items (inclusive of delivery) will be selected. Award without discussions is contemplated and all offerors are encouraged to submit their best offer with their initial submission.
To be considered technically acceptable for award each offeror must provide with their submitted quote/offer:
1. Documentation that confirms the company is registered and is the required socio-economic category in the System for Award Management (SAM) located at https:// www.sam.gov
(viii) 52.212-3 Offeror Representations and Certifications - Commercial Items- Offeror's are to include a COMPLETED COPY OF PROVISION 52.212-3 WITH THE WRITTEN QUOTE, a copy of the provision may be attained from http://www.arnet.gov/far; if not provided, the offer may not be considered for award. (ix) 52.212-4 Contract Terms and Conditions - Commercial Items: apply to this solicitation with the following addenda; VAAR 852.203-70 Commercial Advertising, VAAR 852.237-76 Electronic Invoice Submission. (x) 52.212-5 Contracts Terms and Conditions Required to Implement Statutes or Executive Orders - Commercial Items; The following FAR clauses identified at paragraph b of FAR 52.212.5 are considered checked and are applicable to this acquisition:
52-209-5, 52.219-4, 52.219-8, 52.219-28, 52.219-3, 52-222-3, 52.222-19, 52.222.21, 52.222-26, 52.222.35, 52.222-36, 52.222-37, 52.222-39, 52.225-1, 52.232-34, 52.222-41, 52.222-44, 52-22-50 (xi) n/a (xii) The Defense Priorities and Allocations System (DPAS) is not Applicable to this acquisition (xiii) n/a
(xiv) QUESTIONS: All questions regarding this solicitation need to be electronically submitted to Michael Giffon, NCO 7 Contract Specialist e-mail email@example.com and be received by Sep 23, 2015 at 1PM EST. Questions received after this date and time will not be answered. The solicitation number must be identified on all submitted questions.
(xv) Site Visit: N/A
(xvi) QUOTES/OFFERS ARE DUE Sep 25, 2015 at 1:00PM eastern standard time (est). Only electronic offers will be accepted; submit quotation by email to - Michael Giffon, NCO 7 Contract Specialist e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. All offers must include the solicitation number. Quotes/offers received after this date may not be considered for award.
(xvii) Contact information
Contracting Office Address:
Network Contracting Office 7-SAO EAST
Department of Veterans Affairs
325 Folly Road, Ste 300
Charleston, SC 29412
SHIP TO ADDRESS:
109 Bee Street
Charleston, SC, 29410
ATTN: Herb Watson, (843) 789-6783
Primary Point of Contact: