TV and Sound Studio.
University of Ulster | Published October 21, 2015
Visual Systems Ireland Ltd
(1) Removal and re-installation of existing equipment to an alternate location on within the Coleraine Campus. Selected TV production and audio studio hardware is to be relocated from rooms B235, B236 and D011 in South Building (see appendix 1). The existing lighting grid will be removed, refitted and load tested by others. A new lighting system as per attached Schedule 1 will be installed into the new TV studio The existing 47U equipment rack currently located in room will be reused for the in the new HD studio rack room I051 located at the rear of the Production Gallery (see drawing AL(0)1).
(2) Supply and installation of three camera HD production studio equipment as per attached (Schedule 1). This will replace the existing Standard Definition studio equipment currently located in the South Building.
(3) Supply and installation of TV Gallery. The new gallery area will be laid out as per drawing Al(0)1 and Tenderers should provide costs for the construction of two units of technical furniture, suitably finished to accommodate the control surfaces for TV production, engineering graphics and audio equipment. Sample finishes to be approved by Faculty staff prior to construction. TV Gallery equipment to be supplied is listed in Schedule 1.
(4) SAN Based Digital Media Recording and Media Storage System. To be located in the HD studio rack room. Specification is attached in schedule 2.
(5) Audio studio fit out. This will require the removal and refitting of selected professional audio equipment from rooms B235 and B236 in South Building to rooms 1047 and 1048 on drawing AL(0)1.This equipment is to be reinstalled, integrated with selected new professional audio equipment, testing and re-commissioning. These areas function as a self operated radio studio/small sound studio and associated control gallery. Existing ProTools equipment is to be integrated with the SAN based system detailed in Schedule 2 New equipment required for this are is listed in Schedule 3.
(6) Installation of video and audio tie lines as per Schedule 4 between the HD Studio I052, TV Gallery I050, Sound Studio I047, Sound Gallery I048 and Editing Room I033. Commissioning of 1 Gb Ethernet SAN for Media Data Transfer only.
All video interconnections are to be remade using 3Gps HD SDI grade cable and connectors, except proprietary CCZ camera cables, all audio cables to be an OFC installation grade individually screened single or multi-pair cable as appropriate. All cables are to be numbered and a schedule and ‘as installed’ drawings to be supplied in electronic format on completion of the project.
(7) 3 Days on-site operational training for new HD studio equipment, storage and audio products including vision mixer and camera channels (minimum 1 day by manufacturer).
(8) After sales support. A two year warranty is required on all new equipment from the date of commissioning. Please indicate any additional costs for this service. This will include a next day on site service for critical failures, and a four hour telephone response.