Provision of Access Scaffolding
Valleys to Coast Housing Limited | Published July 20, 2015 - Deadline August 7, 2015
45262100, 45262110, 45262120
Valleys to Coast Housing is seeking to appoint a single contractor to support the service delivery of our in house Housing Repairs Service (HRS).For the design, supply and erection and dismantling and removal of access scaffolding to approximately 200-250 low rise properties (no higher than three storeys) per annum. Historically, 15- 25 properties per month have been the requirement of the HRS, although there is no guarantee as to the quantity or type of properties or length of time that the scaffolding is required for. The provision of the scaffolding is to be carried out in conjunction with the works programmer of Valleys to Coast housing Ltd.
The appointed contractor will be required to:-
• Erect Basic scaffolding within seven days of instruction.
• Design scaffold structures where basic scaffold structures are not considered satisfactory.
• Alter scaffolding following its erection (if required).
• Inspect scaffolding structures to ensure they are safe, attaching “scaffold tags” once erected, ensuring they are completed and signed off.
• Ensuring that tenant television and satellite signals are maintained and/or reinstated satisfactorily following scaffolding erection.
• Dismantle scaffolding and remove from site following notification from client that works have been completed, within two days of notification.
• Ensuring that tenant television and satellite signals are maintained and/or reinstated satisfactorily following scaffolding removal.
• Provide a 24 hour /365 days a year emergency call out service to all scaffolding related incidents.
The successful contractor shall be officially registered members of the National Access and Scaffolding Confederation or of an equivalent body or bodies.
The contractors Operatives should be members/registered on the Construction Industry Scaffolders Record Scheme (CISRS).