The Economic Contribution of the UK's Film, High-End Television, Children’s Television, Animation Television And Video Game Sectors
Directorate/RSU | Published February 10, 2017 - Deadline February 28, 2017
79419000, 79411000, 73210000, 73220000
The BFI is seeking to commission a supplier to produce a report on the economic contribution of the UK’s film, high-end television, children’s television, and the animation, visual effects and video game sectors, to be published in August 2017.
The purpose of this research is to:
• Update the economic estimates contained in the 2015 and earlier editions of this report for film, high-end television, animation television and video game sectors in a way that is consistent with the measures presented in previous editions as well as with up-to-date Treasury Green Book guidelines.
• Add to the analysis children’s television, a sector that has been able to apply for children’s television tax relief since April 2015.
• Develop measures which capture the economic contribution of the total scope of the animation, visual effects (VFX) and video games industries outside the core spend generated by UK-qualifying content.
• Include productivity measures for the film, high-end television, children’s television, and the animation, visual effects and video game sectors.
• Show the National and Regional distribution of impacts, where the statistics enable this to be done.
The report arising from this ITT will be one of the core reference documents of the UK film, high-end television, and the animation, visual effects and video games industries, so it is essential that its evidence and estimates are robust and its findings clearly presented.