NP: PPCR: Climate Hazards - P127508
Department of Hydrology and Meteorology | Published December 7, 2015 - Deadline January 20, 2016
Supply, Delivery, Installation And Commissioning Of Upper-air
Radio Sounding Equipment.
Ministry of Science, Technology & Environment
Department of Hydrology andMeteorology
Building Resilience toClimate Related HazardsProject
Project Management Unit,Nagpokhari, Naxal, Kathmandu
Invitation for Bids
Date of First Publication: 6th December 2015
Name of the DevelopmentPartner World Bank
SCF Grant No TF013665Loan No:13557
The Government of Nepal hasreceived financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the BuildingResilience to Climate Related Hazards Project (BRCHProject) and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Supply, Delivery, Installation andCommissioning of Upper-air Radio Sounding Equipment.
The Department of Hydrology and Meteorology now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for Supply, Delivery, Installation and Commissioning of Upper-air Radio Sounding Equipment at BPPlanetarium premise, Tribhuvan University, Kirtipur, Kathmandu..
Contract ID No.
Description of Works
Price of Bidding Document (Non-refundable(NRs))
Bid security amount (NRs) and Validity Period
Date and Time for Pre-Bid meeting
Last Date and Time of Purchase
Last Date and Time of Submission
Date and Time of Bid opening
Supply, Delivery, Installation and Commissioning of Upper-airRadio Sounding Equipment.
Or equivalent freely convertiblecurrency
And 120 days
19th January 2016
20th January 2016
1. Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding procedures as specified inthe World Bank's Guidelines: Procurement of Goods, Works, and Non-Consulting Services under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits&Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January2011, and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in theProcurement Guidelines. In addition, please refer to paragraphs 1.6 and 1.7 setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflict ofinterest.
2. Biddingdocuments may be purchased from the above office by eligible Bidders on the submission of a written application accompanied by aletter of Authority from thefirm to the address above along with the copy of Notary CertifiedCompany/Firm registrationcertificate, PAN/VAT certificate, Tax Clearance certificate for fiscal year 2013/14(2070/71) and Self declaration letter of notbeing ineligible upto the submission date. Thepayment mode may be direct deposit or bank transfer to the Gov. Revenue A/c Title No.14227 on RastriyaBanijya Bank, Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal or Bankerscheque payable to Department of Hydrology and Meteorology, Kathmandu, Nepal (Office Code No.27-331-04, A/C No. ka-1-1-001)or may be downloaded Bidding Documents from www.bolpatra.gov.np and the e-bidding procedure shall be specified in the Bid Document. If sorequested, the Bidding Documents canalso be sent by courier services/mail upon payment of additional costof NRs. 12000.00 (TwelveThousand Nepalese Rupees). However, the Purchaser will not be responsible for delay or non-delivery of the documents so sentwhatsoever the cause thereof.
3. Sealed bids must be submitted to the Procurement Unit of Department of Hydrology andMeteorology. Documents received aftersubmission deadline shall not be accepted.
4. Bids shall be opened in the presence of Bidder's representatives who choose to attend on the opening date given in aboveTable at the office of Department ofHydrology and Meteorology,P.O.Box 406, Nagpokhari, Naxal, Kathmandu,Nepal. Bids must bevalid for a period of 120 days counting from the dayof bid opening and must be accompanied by bid security, amount given in above table, which shall be valid for minimum 30 days beyond the bid validity period(i.e. Total 150 days from the day of bid opening).
5. If the last date of purchasing, submissionand opening falls on a government holiday, then the next working day shall be considered the last day. In such a case the bid validity and bid security validity shall be recognized with effect from the original bidsubmission deadline.
6. Bids should comply in all respects withthe Instruction to Bidder included in the Bid Document. Non-compliance with these instructions shall result indisqualification.
7. The Bid, as well as all correspondence anddocuments relating to the bid submitted by the Bidder shall be written in the English language.
8. A pre-bid meetingshall be held atPurcharer' address as mention above.
9. The Departmentof Hydrology and Meteorology reserves the right to accept or reject, wholly or partly any or all the bids withoutassigning reason,whatsoever.
10. Eligible Bidders mayobtain further information and inspect about the bidding documents at the above office
Attn: Rajendra Sharma (Head/Procurement Unit)
Telephone: +977-1-4433563, 4433477, 4433472, 4436272
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: www.dhm.gov.np, www.bolpatra.gov.np