Maubin- Phyapon Road Rehabilitation Project
| Published December 12, 2016 - Deadline January 30, 2017
Invitation for Bids
1. The Government of Myanmar has received financing from the Asian Development Bank
(ADB) toward the cost of Maubin-Pyapon Road Rehabilitation Project, and it intends to apply
part of the proceeds of this financing for payments under the contract named above. Bidding is
open to bidders from eligible source countries of ADB.
2. The Ministry of Construction, Department of Highways (“the Purchaser”) invites
sealed bids from eligible bidders for supply of laboratory and fieldtesting equipment for soil,
concrete and asphalt to equip the National Road Research Laboratory under MOC in Yangon.
The equipment includes standard test equipment, as well as advanced, automatic equipment for
triaxial testing, marshall mix testing, and Hamburg wheel tracking test. Equipment must be
products of internationally renowned manufacturers, with proven reputation for quality and
service. The bidding will be in lots:
• Lot 1 Laboratory equipment for concrete testing
• Lot 2 Laboratory equipment for soil testing
• Lot 3 Laboratory equipment for asphalt testing
• Lot 4 Equipment for field testing
Bidders may bid for a single lot or any combination of lots. The delivery period is 24 weeks.
3. Only eligible Bidders with the following key qualifications should participate in this
• Successful completion as main supplier within the last 5 years, of at least 1 contract
for supply of similar goods with value at least the following values:
Lot 1 US$ 60,000
Lot 2 US$ 100,000
Lot 3 US$ 40,000
Lot 4 US$ 40,000
“Similar goods” are defined as any laboratory or field testing equipment, scientific instruments,
or information technology or telecommunications equipment.
Date: 12 December 2016
L3199-MYA: Maubin- Phyapon Road Rehabilitation Project
MP G1 Laboratory and Field Testing Equipment for soil, concrete and
30 January 2017, 10:00 AM (Myanmar time)
4. National Competitive Bidding will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Single-
Stage: One-Envelope procedure and is open to all bidders from eligible countries as described
in the Bidding Document.
5. To obtain further information and inspect the Bidding Documents, bidders should contact:
Director, PMU, Maubin - Pyapon Road Rehabilitation Project
Room 502, Building 2B, Bagan Housing, 334 / 344 Anawrahta Road,
Tel: +95 9 861 5172, +95 9 5058066
Fax: +95 1 222 361
6. To receive the Bidding Documents in English, eligible bidders should write to the
address above requesting the Bidding Documents for Contract MP G1 Laboratory Testing
Equipment for soil, concrete and asphalt. The bidding document is free of charge, and will be
sent by email. No liability will be accepted for the loss or late delivery of the document.
7. Deliver your bid
• to the address above
• on or before the deadline: 10:00 AM (Myanmar time) on 30 January 2017
• together with a Bid Security as described in the Bidding Document.
• Electronic submission of Bids is not permitted.
Bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for bid submission in the presence of
Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend.
8. The Ministry of Construction, Department of Highways will not be responsible for any
costs or expenses incurred by bidders in connection with the preparation or delivery of bids.