Providing inbound and outbound fixed telecommunications services, mobile telephony, Internet connection and inter-site network for all sites of the Brittany Region (3 lots).
This lot relates:
- Subscriptions and communications (incoming and outgoing) in fixed telephony Patton primary site and the site's Robiquette;
- Connecting the data center (Site Proxycenter TDF Cesson-Sevigne) 2 multiservice access (Internet and VPN) secure and independent;
- Connection to a VPN network of 29 other sites with access types of ADSL, SDSL and fiber without providing direct access to the Internet;
- The connection of 6-speed Internet connection types with associated services;
- A service offer in terms of SMTP relay spam, domain name and public IP address for the main sites.T2 type of access central sites Patton and The Robiquette not part of that lot.
It ensures the backup and manage individual cases (fax, videoconferencing, broadband, online security, elevator, ...).
The definition of aid is as follows: traditional connection ensuring a high level of availability by which transit communications only when the site Proxycenter (TDF) is inaccessible (loss of the IP connection for example).
Compared to the volume of these bonds, the Brittany Region specifies that these bonds are not used as normal since all sites rolled onto an IP telephony solution.The objectives are mainly to control spending Telecommunications mobility but also to provide a constant adaptability throughout the duration of the framework agreement to the mobility needs of the regional administration to the best technology available.
Provision of fixed telecommunication services, mobile telephony, internet access and collaborative electronic messaging for the needs of the Brittany public property establishment.
Provision of fixed telephony services.
Provision of mobile telephony services and 4G keys.
Provision of internet access and ancillary services.
Provision of electronic communications services: fixed telephony, mobile telephony, VPN / IP network and Internet access. 4 lots are made. Each batch is subject to a Framework Agreement single tenderer.
Each framework agreement will take effect on the date of notification of the market.
The services start deadline is the 01.12.2017, for all lots.
The initial period of the framework agreement is 2 years for each lot as of 12/01/2017.
Each framework agreement may be renewed 2 times expressly notified for a duration of 1 year from the anniversary of the beginning of the holder of the contract either for a maximum total duration of the framework agreement of 4 (four) years.
Provision of analogue lines and associated services for a particular remote alarm, remote monitoring intercom buildings.
The framework agreement covers a hundred lines.
Providing access to Internet.
- A site interconnection network VPN / IP over MPLS architecture,
- Access SIP Trunk in heart network
- Emergency telephone access to the SIP Trunk (Trunk SIP Trunk SIP connection or access on dedicated link).
Provision of the following services:
- Voice subscriptions, data and voice / mobile data and associated communications,
- Purchase of handsets and accessories and their service.
Today, Archipelago Habitat manages 168 mobile lines.
This framework agreement is for the supply and implementation of connections to meet the expectations of the Brittany Region for broadband connection to the Breton high schools.
Supply and implementation of connections to meet the expectations of the Brittany Region for broadband connection to the Breton high schools.
This contract is for the development, deployment, operation and maintenance of a collaborative communication infrastructure (ICC) in Pays de la Loire. It includes the establishment of a central infrastructure, that of a service portal and booking as well as concierge and user support services. The ICC is intended to link the connected video conference rooms, distributed in the higher education institutions of the Loire Valley, while ensuring service compatibility with other facilities like digital campus Britain or Renater.
Lot 1 covers the development, implementation, operation and maintenance of the central infrastructure of the future ICC. This central infrastructure will be hosted in a data center located in one of the higher education institutions of the Loire Valley.
Lot 2 covers the development, implementation, operation and maintenance of the portal and booking service. This portal will allow identified users to access all of CCI services and reserve rooms.
Lot 3 covers the concierge and user support that will handle all the technical problems encountered during a session using the ICC or ICC services.