Department of the Army, FedBid | Published September 26, 2012 - Deadline October 1, 2012
This is a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial items prepared in accordance with the format in FAR Subpart 12.6, as supplemented with additional information included in this notice.The solicitation number is W91YTZ-12-T-0410 and is issued as an invitation for bids (IFB), unless otherwise indicated herein.The solicitation document and incorporated provisions and clauses are those in effect through Federal Acquisition Circular FAC 2005-60. The associated North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) code for this procurement is 339112 with a small business size standard of 500.00 employees.This requirement is a [ Small Business ] set-aside and only qualified offerors may submit bids.The solicitation pricing on www.FedBid.com will start on the date this solicitation is posted and will end on 2012-10-01 14:30:00.0 Eastern Time or as otherwise displayed at www.FedBid.com.FOB Destination shall be Lackland AFB, TX 78236
The NARCO - Fort Detrick requires the following items, Brand Name or Equal, to the following:
LI 001, GN Otometrics MADSEN Astera 2 channel clinical Audiometer with high frequency headset with standard features p/n 8-04-13102. . . . NETWORK CONNECTION REQUIRED . . Brand name or equal. Proposals submitting as or equal must use the attached ?EQUAL? table and include manufacturer name, part number, salient characteristics, and warranty. Failure to incorporate data into the attached table and provide the above information on ?or equal? submittals will deem the proposal as non responsive., 6, EA;
LI 002, GN Oto Madsen Astera Audio Control Panel p/n 8-69-40800, 6, EA;
LI 003, GN Oto Speaker System 90 db for sound field p/n 8-75-81500, 6, EA;
LI 004, GN Oto Desktop computer keyboard mouse and windows 7, 6, EA;
LI 005, GN Oto 22" widescreen Monitor 8-36-00392, 6, EA;
LI 006, mini portable printer, 6, EA;
LI 007, Full day training, 1, EA;
LI 008, equipment installation or move, 6, EA;
LI 009, Special Install charge different than each system, 1, EA;
LI 010, Shiping FOB destination, 6, EA;
Solicitation and Buy Attachments
***Question Submission: Interested offerors must submit any questions concerning the solicitation at the earliest time possible to enable the Buyer to respond. Questions must be submitted by using the 'Submit a Question' feature at www.fedbid.com. Questions not received within a reasonable time prior to close of the solicitation may not be considered.***
The associated NAICS code for this solicitation is 339113 with a size standard of 500.
The Government intends to make one (1) firm-fixed-price award, in accordance with FAR Sub-Part 52.211-6 -- Brand Name or Equal, for the item(s) described in the Line Items of this solicitation. The requested delivery date is 30 days after receipt of an order and shall be FOB Destination.
All Offerors must be registered in the Central Contractor Registration, http://www.ccr.gov database, prior to any contract award. Register, or renew registration, with the Online Representations and Certifications Application, https://orca.bpn.gov/, as soon as possible, to expedite contract award. Wide Area Workflow, https://wawf.eb.mil/, will be the method of submitting invoice after receipt of supplies or services. Please submit the following information with each your proposal:
? Cage Code ? DUNS number ? Delivery time ? Warranty ? Line item unit price ? Total cost ? Proposal point of contact to include: ? e-mail address ? phone number New equipment ONLY.
NO, used, repaired, remanufactured or "gray market" items. All items must be covered by the manufacturer's warranty. Bid MUST be good for at least 30 calendar days after close of Solicitation.
Ensure you read and follow the guidance provided below in the INSTRUCTIONS TO OFFERORS section. Note that this procurement is not being conducted under the GSA Federal Supply Schedule (FSS) program or another Government-Wide Area Contract (GWAC). If an offeror submits a quotation based upon an FSS or GWAC contract, the Government will accept the quoted price. However, the terms and conditions stated herein take precedence in any resultant Purchase Order, not the terms and conditions of the offeror's FSS or GWAC Contract and the statement required above shall be included in the quotatioin.
New Equipment ONLY; NO remanufactured or "gray market" items. All items must be covered by the manufacturer's warranty.
Offerors are required to complete and submit with their proposal the attached technical characteristics spreadsheet. Failure to provide this document prior to the proposal due date and time will deem your offer non-responsive and ineligible for award.
Shipping must be free on board (FOB) destination CONUS (Continental U.S.), which means that the seller must deliver the goods on its conveyance at the destination specified by the buyer, and the seller is responsible for the cost of shipping and risk of loss prior to actual delivery at the specified destination. Proposed prices shall be inclusive of all shipping costs.
Offeror must be registered in the System for Award Management database before an award can be made to them. If the offeror is not registered in the CCR, it may do so through the CCR website at https://www.sam.gov/portal/public/SAM/
No partial shipments are permitted unless specifically authorized at the time of award.
The selected Offeror must comply with the following commercial item terms and conditions, which are incorporated herein by reference:
FAR 52.212-1, Instructions to Offerors - Commercial Items, applies to this acquisition; FAR 52.212-3, Offeror Representations and Certifications - Commercial Items - the selected offeror must submit a completed copy of the listed representations and certifications; FAR 52.212-4, Contract Terms and Conditions - Commercial Items; FAR 52.212-5, Contract Terms and Conditions Required To Implement Statutes or Executive Orders-Commercial Items, paragraph (a) and the following clauses in paragraph (b):
52.222-21, 52.222-26, 52.222-35, 52.222-36, 52.222-37, 52.225-13, 52.232-34.
The full text of the referenced FAR clauses may be accessed electronically at http://www.acqnet.gov/far.
DFAR Sub-Part 252.232-7003 ELECTRONIC SUBMISSION OF PAYMENT REQUESTS AND RECEIVING REPORTS (MAR 2008)
(a) Definitions. As used in this clause?
(1) ?Contract financing payment? and ?invoice payment? have the meanings given in section 32.001 of the Federal Acquisition Regulation.
(2) ?Electronic form? means any automated system that transmits information electronically from the initiating system to all affected systems. Facsimile, e-mail, and scanned documents are not acceptable electronic forms for submission of payment requests. However, scanned documents are acceptable when they are part of a submission of a payment request made using Wide Area WorkFlow (WAWF) or another electronic form authorized by the Contracting Officer.
(3) ?Payment request? means any request for contract financing payment or invoice payment submitted by the Contractor under this contract.
(b) Except as provided in paragraph (c) of this clause, the Contractor shall submit payment requests and receiving reports using WAWF, in one of the following electronic formats that WAWF accepts: Electronic Data Interchange, Secure File Transfer Protocol, or World Wide Web input. Information regarding WAWF is available on the Internet at https://wawf.eb.mil/.
(c) The Contractor may submit a payment request and receiving report using other than WAWF only when?
(1) The Contracting Officer authorizes use of another electronic form. With such an authorization, the Contractor and the Contracting Officer shall agree to a plan, which shall include a timeline, specifying when the Contractor will transfer to WAWF;
(2) DoD is unable to receive a payment request or provide acceptance in electronic form;
(3) The Contracting Officer administering the contract for payment has determined, in writing, that electronic submission would be unduly burdensome to the Contractor. In such cases, the Contractor shall include a copy of the Contracting Officer?s determination with each request for payment; or
(4) DoD makes payment for commercial transportation services provided under a Government rate tender or a contract for transportation services using a DoD-approved electronic third party payment system or other exempted vendor payment/invoicing system (e.g., PowerTrack, Transportation Financial Management System, and Cargo and Billing System).
(d) The Contractor shall submit any non-electronic payment requests using the method or methods specified in Section G of the contract.
(e) In addition to the requirements of this clause, the Contractor shall meet the requirements of the appropriate payment clauses in this contract when submitting payment requests.
(End of Clause)
FAR Sub-Part 52.211-6 -- Brand Name or Equal(Aug 1999)
(a) If an item in this solicitation is identified as ?brand name or equal,? the purchase description reflects the characteristics and level of quality that will satisfy the Government?s needs. The salient physical, functional, or performance characteristics that ?equal? products must meet are specified in the solicitation.
(b) To be considered for award, offers of ?equal? products, including ?equal? products of the brand name manufacturer, must?
(1) Meet the salient physical, functional, or performance characteristic specified in this solicitation;
(2) Clearly identify the item by?
(i) Brand name, if any; and
(ii) Make or model number;
(3) Include descriptive literature such as illustrations, drawings, or a clear reference to previously furnished descriptive data or information available to the Contracting Officer; and
(4) Clearly describe any modification the offeror plans to make in a product to make it conform to the solicitation requirements. Mark any descriptive material to clearly show the modification.
(c) The Contracting Officer will evaluate ?equal? products on the basis of information furnished by the offeror or identified in the offer and reasonably available to the Contracting Officer. The Contracting Officer is not responsible for locating or obtaining any information not identified in the offer.
(d) Unless the offeror clearly indicates in its offer that the product being offered is an ?equal? product, the offeror shall provide the brand name product referenced in the solicitation.
(End of Provision)
Offer evaluation will be in accordance with:
FAR Sub-Part 15.101-2 -- Lowest Price Technically Acceptable Source Selection Process
(a) The lowest price technically acceptable source selection process is appropriate when best value is expected to result from selection of the technically acceptable proposal with the lowest evaluated price.
(b) When using the lowest price technically acceptable process, the following apply:
(1) The evaluation factors and significant subfactors that establish the requirements of acceptability shall be set forth in the solicitation. Solicitations shall specify that award will be made on the basis of the lowest evaluated price of proposals meeting or exceeding the acceptability standards for non-cost factors. If the contracting officer documents the file pursuant to 15.304(c)(3)(iii), past performance need not be an evaluation factor in lowest price technically acceptable source selections. If the contracting officer elects to consider past performance as an evaluation factor, it shall be evaluated in accordance with 15.305. However, the comparative assessment in 15.305(a)(2)(i) does not apply. If the contracting officer determines that a small business? past performance is not acceptable, the matter shall be referred to the Small Business Administration for a Certificate of Competency determination, in accordance with the procedures contained in subpart 19.6 and 15 U.S.C. 637(b)(7)).
(2) Tradeoffs are not permitted.
(3) Proposals are evaluated for acceptability but not ranked using the non-cost/price factors.
(4) Exchanges may occur (see 15.306).