Power Transmission Rehabilitation Project
| Published November 6, 2015 - Deadline December 29, 2015
Invitation for Bids
1. The Republic of Armenia has received financing from the Asian Development Bank
(ADB) towards the cost of Power Transmission Rehabilitation Project and it intends to apply
part of the proceeds of this loan to payments under the contract for SCADA/EMS Package:
Extension and Upgrade of the SCADA/EMS Project. Bidding is open to all Bidders from
eligible source countries of the ADB.
2. The Electro Power Systems Operator (EPSO) (the “Employer") invites sealed bids
from eligible Bidders from the ADB member countries for the construction and completion of
SCADA/EMS and Communication systems that mainly includes: Provision of Control Center
hardware and software to serve as a SCADA/EMS System in a fully redundant
configuration designed for 24/7 continuous operation as a National Dispatch Center,
provision of SCADA and Energy Management (EMS) software for supervision and
optimization of the power system in Armenia, extension and upgrade of the existing
Telecommunication System, establishment of new Remote Terminal Units (RTU),
integration of RTUs, establishment of Inter-Control-Center-Communication towards and
from Control Centers of neighboring TSOs via international Standard Protocol IEC 60870-
6 ICCP, replacement/upgrade of Telephone System, refurbishment of lightning at the
Control Center, supply of spare parts and special tools, etc. as well as the civil works, for
detail design, manufacturing, delivery, installation, testing, commissioning, energizing
works and services, and training complete in each respect at turnkey basis, as detailed
and specified in the Bidding Documents.
3. International competitive bidding will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Single-
Stage One Envelope Bidding Procedure and is open to all Bidders from eligible countries as
described in the Bidding Document.
4. The main qualification criteria requires, among others:
• Participation as contractor or Joint Venture partner, in at least two (2) turnkey contracts
within the last ten (10) years (2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
and 2014), each with a value of at least US$ 9.5 million that have been successfully or
are substantially completed and that are similar to the proposed plant and services and
at least one contract being outside of the contractors home country. The similarity shall
be based on the physical size, complexity, methods, technology or other characteristics
as described in bidding documents.
Date: 6 November 2015
3150-ARM: Power Transmission Rehabilitation Project
SCADA/EMS Package: Extension and Upgrade of the SCADA/EMS
29 December 2015, 10:00 AM (local time)
5. To obtain further information and inspect the Bidding Documents, bidders should
Mr. Mnatsakan Mnatsakanyan
Electro Power Systems Operator (EPSO)
27, Abovyan str.
0009 Yerevan, Republic of Armenia
Phone: +374 10 524725, fax +374 10 547317,
6. To purchase the Bidding Documents in English, eligible Bidders should:
• Write to address above requesting for ADB 3150-ARM/EPSO/ICB Bidding Documents
• Pay a nonrefundable fee of USD300.
• The price includes one set of documents as hard copy and a soft copy recorded on CD.
In the event of any discrepancy between electronic and hard copies of the Bidding
Documents, the hard copy shall prevail.
• Separate courier charges will not be paid by the Bidder. The method of payment will be
by cash or transfer through a bank account. Bank account of Employer is the following:
Name of Bank: ARDSHININVESTBANK AGASYAN BRANCH
In favor of: Electro Power Systems Operator (EPSO) CJSC
Account No.: 2474600497000050
Correspondent bank: CITIBANK, NA
Correspondent account: 36209105
• The Employer will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by Bidders in
connection with the preparation or delivery of their bids.
7. Deliver your bid:
• To the address above in Para.5
• On or before the deadline: 10:00 AM, 29 December 2015
• Together with a Bid Security/Bid Securing Declaration as described in the Bidding
Bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for bid submission at the Conference Room
of the Employer (Room No. 202) in 27, Abovyan Street, Yerevan, Republic of Armenia, in the
presence of Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend.
Late bids will be rejected.