KE-Nairobi Metropolitan Services - P107314
Ministry of Land, Housing and Urban Development | Published April 8, 2015 - Deadline April 29, 2015
Consultancy Services For Preparation Of Urban Plans, Urban
Designs, Economic/finance And Implementation Study For Redevelopment Of The Nairobi
Central Railway Station And Its Surroundings
MINISTRY OF LAND, HOUSING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT (MoLH&UD)
DIRECTORATE OF NAIROBI METROPOLITAN DEVELOPMENT (DoNMED)
REQUEST FOREXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Nairobi Metropolitan Services Improvement Project(NaMSIP)
Credit No.: 51020-KE.
Assignment Title: Consultancy Servicesfor Preparation of Urban Plans, Urban Designs, Economic/Finance and Implementation Study for Redevelopment of the Nairobi CentralRailway Station and its Surroundings.
Reference No. (As per Procurement Plan): 47
1. The Government of Kenya has receivedfinancing from the World Bank toward the cost of theNairobi Metropolitan Services Improvement Project (NaMSIP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consultancy services forpreparation of a study to develop an integrated plan and implementation strategy for the redevelopment of the Nairobi CentralStation 200 acres and its surrounding areas into a world class, state of the art sustainable urban Nairobi Railway City. This is apremier urban development project in the heart ofNairobi City that will create an inter modal hub for metropolitan commuter railtraffic, as well as other planned urban public transport including Bus Rapid Transit, other potential Mass Rapid Transit, suchaslight rail, motorized and non-motorized transport, while ensuring integration with the spatial structure of the Central BusinessDistrict and surrounding areas.
2. The Kenya Railways Corporation in collaboration with the Directorate of Urban and MetropolitanDevelopmentof the Ministry of Land, Housing and Urban Development ("The Ministry"), and the Nairobi City County want to undertakethis project.
3. The Ministry now invites eligible consulting firms ("Consultants") to indicate their interestin providingthe consulting services ("the Services").
4. The study will include transport andland use plans (including public services, greeninfrastructure) to support integrated Transit Oriented Development (TOD), sustainable urban designs/guidelines, economicfeasibility and global competitiveness strategy, implementation finance and strategy, strategic and participatory communicationsplans and implementation plan including governance. The Services comprise two key elements to be undertaken simultaneously and inan integrated methodology:
PART I: Preparation of Urban Plans and Sustainable Urban Designs
This will include: ahighly participatory/civic engagement process; establishment of project GIS; assessment of the currentenvironmental/socio-economic/physical situation of the study area; preparation of concept, schematic and massing model levelintegrated transport and land use plans contextualized on a metropolitan scale;preparation of urban designs and development controlguidelines; preparation of 3D models, exhibits and other representational tools throughout the planning process.
PART II:Strategic Economic and Implementation Studies
This will includecarrying out real estate market demand analysis for all potential uses; project programming and phasing; competitiveglobal/regional/national strategy/business plan; tenant outreach; transportation integration cost benefit analysis; financing andinvestment plans; marketing and communications strategy; and determination of the most suitable project governancestructure.
5. The duration ofthe consultancy services will be twelve (12) months.
6. The Consultant shortlisting criteriaare:
i) CompanyProfile(s) of the firm(s). Where the EOI is submitted by a consortium, each firm in the consortium shall provide company profileincluding names and addresses;
ii) Registrationdocuments for the Lead Firm and each member of the consortium from the country(ies) of registration. The registration documents shall be in English and shall benotarised by a Notary Public.
iii) The Consultant should clearly demonstrateavailability of appropriate skills among staff /team for project management and all outputs as noted in section 4 above..
iv) The Consultant shallprovide evidence ofexperience of urban planning and design includingtransport planning and economic study with at least one similar projects (asdescribed in 4 above), which must have been implemented or under implementation in the last 15 years. Evidence shall includedetailsof the assignment, name and contact address of the client, value of assignment and period covered to undertake assignment,proof of engagement, documentary evidence, graphic or visual evidence of the plans and/or designs.
7. Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding procedures as specified inthe World Bank's GuidelinesGuidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRDLoans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers January 2011("Consultant Guidelines") and is open to all eligible bidders as definedin the Procurement Guidelines. The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the guidelines setting forththe World Bank's policy on conflict of interest.
8. Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or asub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
9. After the short listing, winners will beinvited to submita bid based on a detailed TOR. The winning Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality Cost BasedSelection (QCBS) method set out in theConsultant Guidelines.
Further information canbe obtained at the address below during office hours from 0800 to 1700hours, East African time from Monday to Friday excluding lunch hour (13:00 to 14:00 hours) and publicholidays.
Expression of interest must be delivered in awritten form to theaddress below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by Wednesday, 29th April 2015 at 1200 hours East African time. The package should be clearly marked Contract No.: REOI/MoLH&UD/NMED/NaMSIP/CONS-29/2014-2015 for Consultancy Services (CS) forPreparation of Urban Plans, Urban Designs and an Economicstudy for redeveloping the Nairobi Railway Station and its Surroundings.
Ministry of Land,Housing and Urban Development
Directorate ofUrban and Metropolitan Development
Ambank House,20th Floor
P. O. Box 30130 -00100
Email:email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org