UP Pro-poor Tourism Development Project - P146936
U.P. Pro Poor Tourism Development Project | Published February 9, 2016 - Deadline February 24, 2016
Design And Supervision Consultancy For Visitor/interpretation
Center At Fatehpur Sikri, Agra, Uttar Pradesh
"UTTAR PRADESH PRO POOR TOURISMDEVELOPMENT PROJECT"
Design and SupervisionConsultancy for Visitor/Interpretation Center at Fatehpur Sikri, Agra, Uttar Pradesh
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Reference No.: 018/Pro-Poor/UPT/CS/2016 Date: 09-02-2016
The Government of Uttar Pradesh (GoUP) has applied for financing from the WorldBank toward the cost of the Uttar Pradesh Pro Poor TourismDevelopment Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds forconsulting services.
The consulting services ("the Services")is to prepare a Detailed ProjectReport (DPR),including detailed drawings and all relevant engineering specifications for the construction of touristvisitor/interpretation center at Fatehpur Sikri, Agra, etc & To supervise the execution of the proposed works Draft Terms of Reference (ToR) is available on website www.uptourism.gov.in.
The Department of Tourism, GoUP now invites eligible consulting firms("Consultants") to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide informationdemonstrating thatthey have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The short listing criteriaare:
· Proven experience in design of visitor center inhistoric areas/cities
· Proven experience in urban design, projectdevelopment and construction of tourist complexes and alike in India and/or abroad
· Proven experience in social, heritage and environmentaldata collection and analysis
· Proven experience in participatory methods is alsoessential.
· Capacity to convenesectoral agencies and experts for developing an integrated and socially sensitive approach to destination development planning.
· Knowledge of World Banksafeguards policies is an advantage.
· Capacity to coordinate and supervise complex assignments aswell as deliver high quality products maintaining a tight work schedule is critical.
· Excellent communicationskillsand proven capacity to engage with relevant infrastructure, heritage,environment and culture related government and expertagencies in India preferably.
· Capacity to convene sectoral agencies and experts for developing an integrated and socially sensitive approach todestination development planning. ?
· Working experience with externally funded project e.g. World Bank,ADB etc. of similar nature.
· Excellent fluency in spoken and written English and Hindi.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 ofthe WorldBank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers[Consultant Guidelines, January 2011 modified in July 2014] ("Consultant Guidelines"), setting forth the World Bank's policy onconflict of interest. The Guidelines are availableat www.worldbank.org/procure
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or asub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost BasedSelection (QCBS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours i.e.1000 to 1700 hours.
Expressions of Interest with all relevantinformation and documents must be submitted/delivered superscripted "Expression of Interest for "For Design and Supervision Consultancy forVisitor/Interpretation Center at Fatehpur Sikri, Agra, Uttar Pradesh, under U.P. Pro Poor Tourism Development Project" ontop of a closed envelope to the address below by not later than 15:00 hours on 24-02-2016. In event this last date being declared as holiday by the StateGovernment, due date for submission of above EoI will be thenext working day at the same appointed time.