Provision of Architect and Urban Design-led Multi-disciplinary Services to Support Delivery of the M
London Borough of Enfield | Published February 11, 2015 - Deadline March 23, 2015
71200000, 71400000, 90712100
The Meridian Water Area is a GBP 1 500 000 000, 85 hectare investment in a prime location adjacent to the waterside environment of the Lee Valley Regional Park and within the London-Stansted-Cambridge Corridor, which has a population of 2 000 000 and a GBP 161 000 000 000 economy.
With great connections to Central London, the M25 and airports, and with GBP 122 000 000 of rail investment approved to provide an improved train service, the Meridian Water Area will be transformed through the provision of high quality open spaces and a lively day-time and evening economy.
By 2026, the Meridian Water Area will provide around 3 000 new jobs and a minimum of 5 000 desirable, energy efficient homes powered by energy from the emerging GBP 14 000 000, city scale Lee Valley Heat Network.
The so-called Edmonton Hinterland Area, which is adjacent to the Meridian Water Area, has been identified as having the potential to accommodate a further 3 000 new homes.
The Meridian Water Area and Edmonton Hinterland Area combined make up the Meridian Water Housing Zone Initiative, which, in its entirety, could accommodate a total of up to 8 000 homes,
The Authority is seeking a team with a leading reputation to take part in this unrivalled opportunity to shape the future of North London. Specifically, the Authority is seeking:
1. architecture, urban design, contract administration, design code services and design advisory services (together, the Architectural and Urban-design Services) and architect-led multi-disciplinary services (Lot 1 Services);
2. planning services, planning input into design code and planning support (together, the Planning Services) and planning-led multidisciplinary services (Lot 2 Services); and
3. landscape architecture services and design code support services (Lot 3 Services).
The contract will be divided into the three separate lots noted above and bidders are asked to bid for 1 lot only:
1. an architect and urban design consultant with a leading reputation in relation to, and extensive experience of, developments similar in size and type to the Meridian Water Housing Zone Initiative in order to:
a. provide the Architectural and Urban-design Services; and
b. bring together suitably experienced sub-consultants necessary to deliver the architect-led multi-disciplinary services;
2. a planning consultant with a leading reputation in relation to, and extensive experience of, developments similar in size and type to the Meridian Water Housing Zone Initiative in order to:
provide the Planning Services; and
bring together suitably experienced sub-consultants necessary to deliver the planning-led multi-disciplinary Services;
3. a landscape architect with a leading reputation in, and extensive experience of, developments similar in size and type to the Meridian Water Housing Zone Initiative in order to provide the Lot 3 Services.