Andhra Pradesh Rural Inclusive Growth Pr - P152210
Society for Elimination of Rural Poverty | Published November 11, 2014 - Deadline December 6, 2014
Technical Assistance For Facilitation And Promotion Of Rural
Expression of Interest
Society for Elimination of Rural Poverty, Govt.of Andhra Pradesh
Technical Assistance for Facilitation and Promotion of RuralRetail Chains
1. The Government of Andhra Pradeshhas applied for acredit from the International Development Associationand intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under thecontract for Consultancy services for the technical assistance toRIGP (Andhra Pradesh Rural InclusiveGrowth Project) for facilitation and promotion of Rural Retail Chainswhich is under Society of Elimination of Rural Poverty, Government of Andhra Pradesh.
2. One of the important componentsof the project is to focus on adding value through investment in economic organizations of small rural retailers likeretailerorganizations and retailer associationsand investments in capacity building, brand building, aggregated procurement,business development and partnerships with players including distributors/manufacturers in the private and cooperative sectors.Under this, the project envisages for the formation of Retail Organizations with 10 rural retailers each and Retailer Associationsat the mandal level with 50 retailers to help them reduce operational costs and improve the quality of their products and services,as well as to help themdeliver new services, so as to deliver more value to the rural consumer for eachrupee.
3. The main objective of this TOR is to help establish a Business Support Cell with inSERP, Government of Andhra Pradesh which can provide the right capacity building support to SERP, to participating Retailers aswell as to Retailer collectives, so that these become channels to deliver better services and products in terms of quality andquantity to the rural consumer as well as to improve their profitability while providing a channel to the rural producers andentrepreneurs who will benefit from provision of a market channel.The consulting services under this contract include willbe:
· Advise and facilitate SERP project core team on RetailerCollective facilitation, scale-up andcapacity-building,
· Support SERP core team to create platform to disseminateproject learning's on RetailerCollective facilitation
· Preparation of Retailer Association operational manual.
· Should be actively involved in the real process of formation of Retailer Organisations andfurther Retailer Associations at ground level and their progressive development in the due course of theproject.
· Provide expert advice and support to project staff in the areas of
- Federation of Retailers
- Capacity Building and Business Development
- Retail Channel Development
- Store Management
- Piloting EPOS development, and maintenance
- Retail Architecture
- Consumer Insight
- Brand Development
- Brand Building and Activations
- Supply Chain Logisticsand other support as may be necessary to achieve the objectives of thesubcomponent.
· Document the learning and knowledge gained at different stages to support the project after thecontract period.
· Promote knowledge sharing through various ways includingexposure visits, approach paper, casestudies and video documentariesof successful POs etc.
· Capacity building and training of both SERP staff and producer organizations.
· Business Development Services for Retailers and for their collectives.
· Facilitation of appropriate linkages for the Retailer Collectives and provide them handholdingsupport in execution of business plans, aggregate procurement, and
· Create comprehensive assessment tool for Retailer Collective progress, Leverage and demonstrateICT use( EPoS and others) for scale-up within the project
The duration of the assignment is 3 years from the date of signing of the contract.
3. The Society for Elimination of Rural Poverty of AndhraPradesh(through APRIGP) now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing the Servicesfor facilitation and promotion of producers' organizations for "APRIGP" project whichincludespreparation of a detailed project implementation work plan in identifying target Retailer Collectives and jointly roll outawareness program with a view to intensively promote it through variety of channels and means; develop business plans forRetailer Collectives along with road maps for resource mobilization and effective financeand institutional management systemstowards achieving sustainable process and learning systems; conduct periodic monitoring and evaluation of RetailerCollectives andthe project by effective leveraging ICT, and compile data on continual basis to submit periodical reports on lessons learntand keyfindings for effectively disseminating them to all stakeholders in the PO landscape.
4. Interested consultants must provideinformation indicating that they are qualified to perform the Services (brochures, experience in similarassignments, description of similar assignments with cost, availability ofappropriate skills among staff, etc.). Consultants may associate to enhance theirqualifications. The "Association" may take the form of a jointventure (withjoint and several liability) or of a sub- consultancy.
4. A consultant will be selected in accordance with the QCBS procedures set outin the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by BankBorrowers, Jan 2011, revised July 2014.
5. Interested Consultants may obtain detail scope, deliverable and timeline ofthe assignment in the ToR which can be down loaded from our official web site www.serp.ap.gov.in
6. Expression ofInterest must be delivered or sent to the address below not laterthan 6th December, 2014 up to 5:00 PM.
Office name: Society for Elimination ofRural Poverty
Government of AndhraPradesh
Officer's name: H.Arun Kumar, IAS
Chief Executive Officer
Address for submission of EOI: Society for Elimination of Rural Poverty
5-10-192, 3rd 4th Floor,
Hermitage Office Complex,
Huda Building, Hill Fort Road,
Telephone : 91-40-23298665
Fax : 91-40-23211848
Contact person: Mr.H. Subba Raju, Director Procurement
Telephone: +91 9000504311
Chief Executive Officer
SERP, AndhraPradesh, Hyderabad.