SOLUTION ARCHITECT FOR HILLA GROWTH MILL
Oulun yliopisto | Published June 17, 2016 - Deadline June 29, 2016
Hilla is a Tekes-funded national-level acceleration and investment program targeting to accelerate collaboration, creativity and capturing of new businesses in selected industries (wireless ICT, automotive and traffic, health and wellbeing, and heavy industries), whose growth is largely dependent on ICT with cutting-edge research and innovations. Program is open to all relevant parties in Finland. The main goal of HILLA is to create new growth for companies within Finland. Hilla works in collaboration and in alignment with other national and EU programs. HILLA brings a unique new model to a) accelerate research to business, b) efficiently utilize the ICT and industry knowledge and resourcing and c) build market driven operations model between participants.
Nationwide broadening of the HILLA model has been identified as a new strategic development step of the program. Broadening will be supported by a national information system that ties together the central ideas and processes developed for the HILLA program and provides the Finnish industries, research institutes and funding bodies with effective and smooth access to the data that is shared between the parties. Development of the information system is identified with the slogan Fenix.
Definition of the new Fenix information system will start at the University of Oulu during the summer and early spring 2016 – followed by the start of the development work. For the definition work we are now looking for a solution architect having strong ICT background and a proven track record in developing distributed information systems. This offer starts in June 2016 or as soon as possible, and covers 4 personmonths.
The task of the system architect is to:
• Being a member of the definition team of the Fenix system with a specific focus on technical solutions
• Defining the core architectural solutions of the system supporting modularity, expandability and open interfaces
• Evaluating, validating and selecting the building elements of the system
• Collecting the specific requirements from the end user parties, companies, research institutes and funding parties, by effective networking
• Refining the architectural solutions accordingly
• Participating in estimating the costs of the development work with a specific focus on the selected technical solutions
• Creating the technical parts of the Fenix definition documentation
For you to succeed in the job we expect the following:
• Experience in the ICT industry, development of information systems
• Experience in cloud service architectures and interfaces
• Experience in social media architectures and interfaces
• Experience in the most common client architectures and interfaces, such as Android, IOS, and web architectures
• Strong knowledge on technology enablers i.e. existing platforms and implementation techniques
• Positive attitude and team working spirit
• Prior experience on one or several areas of the HILLA program is considered as plus
NOTE! Additional information on the notice is in the Tarjouspalvelu.fi supplier portal. Tenders/applications for participation are also sent using this system. You will find a direct link to additional information on the notice from this Hilma notice.