For the sports school NRW is to be built on the site of the listed Märkisches Gymnasium at Saarlandstrasse in Bochum-Wattenscheid a triple gymnasium and a cafeteria.This cost ceiling should not be exceeded. Märkisches Gymnasium is together with the Stadthalle Wattenscheid a group of buildings from the late 1950s and is considered an important accent of urban development in Wattenscheid to the Second World War. For the single-span gym there is a monument legal permission for demolition.
The Märkische school currently has no cafeteria for over lunchtime supervision.
The city of Bochum praises for this measure a step not open competition according to the guidelines for planning competitions (RPW 2013) with prior application procedure under the Regulation on public procurement (procurement regulation-VgV) to select a maximum of 15 participants.
5 participants are invited by the competition organizers to participate in the competition process.Be headed by the architect. VgV.
Participants in the negotiation phase are selected as winners Members of the working / grouping or the General planning office or the general planning office with subcontractors, as they were named in the application documents.The competition language is German.
Names of the judges:
- Frank Allmeroth, Operating Director of Central Services, City of Bochum,
- Anne Katrin Bohle, Ministerialdirigentin MBWSV,Mark Bradtke, city building, city of Bochum,
- Heiner Farwick, Architect, Ahaus,
- Dirk Godau, architect, Bochum,Kerstin Guse-Becker, Principal Märkische school Wattenscheid,
- Elke Janura, Chairman Committee for Planning and Lands,Petra Kahlfeld, architect, Berlin,
- Eckart Kröck, administrative and institute management urban planning and building authority, city of Bochum,
- Manfred Molszich, District Mayor Bochum-Wattenscheid,
- Annette Paul, Chair Design Committee Bochum,
- Katja Schlemper, architect, Dortmund,
- Ernst Steinbach, Chairman Committee on School and Education,
- Michael Townsend, City Manager, City of Bochum,Zvonko Turkali, architect, Frankfurt am Main.