BD: Higher Education Quality Enhancement - P106216
Directorate of Planning and Development, BUET | Published February 16, 2016 - Deadline April 4, 2016
Supply, Installation/testing And Commissioning Of Ultrasonic
Ndt Machine And Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge For The Department Of Naval Architecture And
Directorate of Planning and Development
Bangladesh University of Engineering& Technology Dhaka-1000,Bangladesh
Invitation for Bids
Country: People's Republic of Bangladesh
Name of Project: Higher Education Quality Enhancement Project
LoanNo./Credit No./ Grant No: 5332-BD
Contract Title: Supply, Installation/Testing and Commissioning of Ultrasonic NDT Machine andUltrasonic Thickness Gauge for the Department of Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering.
Reference No.: PND/FP(S-3) CP-3131/HEQEP-23/15/NAME-05
Package number: CP-3131/NAME-G3
IFB No.: HEQEP/BUET/NAME/CP-3131/NAME-G3
1. The People's Republic of Bangladesh has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Higher Education Quality Enhancement Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds towardpayments under the contract for Supply,Installation/Testingand Commissioning of Ultrasonic NDT Machine and Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge for the Department of NavalArchitecture and Marine Engineering.
2. The Directorate of Planning and Development (P&D),BUET now invites sealed bids from eligible biddersfor Supply, Installation/Testing and Commissioning of Ultrasonic NDT Machine andUltrasonic Thickness Gauge for the Department of Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering, BUET.
3. Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding procedures as specifiedin the World Bank's Guidelines: Procurementof Goods, Works and Non-Consulting Services under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World BankBorrowersJanuary 2011 edition ("Procurement Guidelines"), and isopen to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Guidelines. In addition, please refer to paragraphs 1.6 and 1.7 settingforth the World Bank's policy on conflict of interest.
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain furtherinformation from Directorate of Planning and Development, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology(BUET), Dhaka-1000and inspectthe Bidding Documents at the address given below from9:00 to 17:00 Hours Bangladesh Standard Time (BST=GMT+6 hrs.) (Working Days)
5. A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased byinterested eligible bidders upon thesubmission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundablefee of BDT 5000/- or USD 65 (US Dollar Sixty Five). Please add additional BDT 8,000.00 (eight thousand) or USD 100.00 (one hundred)for overseas delivery by international courier services. The method ofpayment will be through Cash or pay order/Bank draft in favor of Director, Directorate of Planning and Development, Bangladesh University ofEngineering and Technology (BUET), Dhaka-1000.The document will be sent by airmail foroverseas delivery and surface mail or courier for localdelivery.
6. Bids must be delivered to the address below at or before 02.30 PM Hours Bangladesh Standard Time (BST=GMT+6 hrs.) of04/04/16; late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of Bidders'representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below at 03.00 PM Hours Bangladesh Standard Time of 04/04/16. Electronic bidding will not bepermitted.
7. All bids must be accompanied by a "BidSecurity" of BDT 60,000.00/- (BDT Sixty Thousand Taka only) or USD 750 (US Dollar Seven Hundred and Fiftyonly).
8. A pre bidmeeting will be held on 08/03/16; at 11.00 AM Hours Bangladesh Standard Time (BST=GMT+6 hrs.) in the office of the Director, Directorate of Planning and Development, 3rd Floor, Bangladesh University ofEngineering & Technology (BUET), Dhaka-1000.
9. The address(es) referred to above is(are):
Attn: Prof. Dr. Sarwar Jahan Md.Yasin
Director, Directorate of Planning and Development
3rd Floor, Directorate of Planning andDevelopment
BangladeshUniversity of Engineering & Technology
Tel: +880-2-9666413,+880-2-9665650-80 Ext.7350
Fax: +880-2-8613026, +880-2-8613046 (Attn.P&D)