A&E- Architectural Design Services
Department of the Air Force, Air Combat Command | Published December 5, 2011 - Deadline January 11, 2012
C-INDEFINITE DELIVERY/INDEFINITE QUANTITY ARCHITECT-ENGINEER (A-E) CONTRACTS FOR ARCHITECTURAL SERVICES AND FOR ENGINEERING SERVICES
TITLE: Notice of Intent to Contract for Architectural and Engineering Services
1. Solicitations from principal firms with offices outside of a 175 mile radius of Dyess AFB will not be evaluated. This is a Solicitation requesting qualifications from Architectural and Engineering (A-E) Firms that are interested in competing to be selected for government award of open-end, Indefinite Delivery and Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ), contracts at Dyess AFB, TX. The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code is 541330 for Engineering and 541310 for Architectural Services. This announcement is unrestricted; and is full and open to both small and large firms located within the Dyess general geographic area defined herein. Design services required will be predominantly for repair, renovation, alterations, and minor construction type projects at Dyess AFB. Designs will include preparation of drawings, specifications, design analyses and cost estimates to be used for bidding and construction. Other types of A-E Services such as site investigation, surveying, drafting and CADD services, inspection, planning, studies, and reports may be required as related to project design. Proposal(s) shall include a single page transmittal letter with only the bound and properly organized, labeled, indexed, and tabbed qualifications document described herein attached to the letter. Key Personnel defined in the Instructions for completion of the attached SF330 shall be listed on the Organizational Chart; and shall be only those that are proposed to play a major role in projects to be awarded under this contract. They will herein be referred to as Dyess AFB Architectural Team Members or Dyess AFB Engineering Team Members.
2. In accordance with FAR Part 16.504, it is the contracting officer's intent to make multiple awards from this Solicitation. Two (2) negotiated fixed price IDIQ contracts will be awarded from this announcement for ARCHITECTURAL SERVICES; and two (2) negotiated fixed price IDIQ contract will be awarded from this announcement for ENGINEERING SERVICES. A single Firm may apply for one or both of the two IDIQ contracts. There is no minimum guarantee for either of these awards. Dyess AFB issued a total of $4.8M over the last seven years amongst three firms under the 2004 A-E contracts, two firms under the 2007 A-E contracts, and two firms under the 2010 A&E contracts.
3. Firms desiring consideration to provide ARCHITECTURAL SERVICES shall have a registered professional architect listed as a Dyess AFB Design Team member on the Firm or Branch Office staff. Firm shall also have a registered professional mechanical engineer, registered professional electrical engineer, registered professional civil engineer, registered professional structural engineer, registered professional environmental engineer, landscape architect, interior designer, a Leadership in Engineering and Environmental Design (LEED) accredited professional and asbestos abatement consultant as a Dyess AFB Design Team member either on the Firm or Branch Office staff; or listed as a Key Consultant. Team members shall be experienced in the design of alteration, remodeling, repair, life safety analysis, and environmental analysis for commercial and industrial facilities, preferably located on a military installation. Firm shall be experienced in green and sustainable facility design.
4. Firms desiring consideration to provide ENGINEERING SERVICES shall have a registered professional mechanical engineer and a registered professional electrical engineer Dyess AFB Design Team member on the Firm or Branch Office staff. Firm shall also have a registered architect, registered professional fire protection engineer, registered professional civil engineer, registered professional structural engineer, registered professional environmental engineer, and an asbestos abatement consultant as a Dyess AFB Design Team member either on the Firm or Branch Office staff; or listed as a Key Consultant. Team members shall be experienced in the design of mechanical and electrical systems for commercial and industrial facilities to include air conditioning, direct digital control systems, plumbing, fire detection and suppression, mass notification, interior and exterior electrical distribution, lighting, communications, environmental projects; and infrastructure projects to include domestic and fire protection water, sewage, natural gas, medium voltage electrical distribution systems, preferably located on a military installation. Experience is also desired in design of specialized industrial facilities to include aircraft hangar heating, ventilation; and support facilities for aircraft to include aircraft simulators, aircraft navigation, electronic communications, avionics repair, fuels storage and distribution, avionics cooling, fuel wing tank climate control, corrosion control, painting preparation and application, 400Hz aircraft power generation and distribution, 60Hz aircraft ground power distribution and airfield lighting. Firm shall be experienced in green and sustainable facility design.
5. The ARCHITECTURAL SERVICES and the ENGINEERING SERVICES contract will each be for a period of one year with options to extend the contract for up to two additional years, in one-year increments for a possible contract life (time) of three years for each contract. The Government anticipates that IDIQ Delivery Orders will be issued during the contract period as the need arises for Dyess AFB, TX, project designs. For each of the two contracts, cumulative amounts of all delivery orders on each contract, separately, will not exceed $995,000.00 each.
6. Design Within Funding Limitations
(a) The A-E shall accomplish design services required under this contract so as to permit the award of contracts using standard Federal Acquisition Regulation procedures for the construction of projects designed at a price that does not exceed the estimated construction contract price established for each Delivery Order issued under this contract. When bids or proposals for the construction contract are received that exceed the estimated price, the A-E shall perform such redesign and other services as are necessary to permit contract award within the funding limitation. These additional services shall be performed at no increase in the Delivery Order price. However, the A-E shall not be required to perform such additional services at no cost to the Government if the unfavorable bids or proposals are the result of conditions beyond its reasonable control.
(b) The A-E will promptly advise the Contracting Officer if it finds that the project being designed will exceed or is likely to exceed the funding limitations and it is unable to design a usable project within these limitations. Upon receipt of such information, the Contracting Officer will review the A-E's revised estimate of construction cost. The Government may, if it determines that the estimated construction contract price set forth in this contract is so low that award of a construction contract not in excess of such estimate is improbable, authorize a change in scope or materials as required to reduce the estimated construction cost to an amount within the estimated construction contract price, or the Government may adjust such estimated construction contract price. When bids or proposals are not solicited or are unreasonably delayed, the Government shall prepare an estimate of constructing the design submitted and such estimate shall be used in lieu of bids or proposals to determine compliance with the funding limitation.
7. Responsibility of the Architect-Engineer Contractor
(a) The A-E shall be responsible for the professional quality, technical accuracy, and the coordination of all designs, drawings, specifications, and other services furnished by the Contractor under this contract. The A-E shall, without additional compensation, correct or revise any errors or deficiencies in its designs, drawings, specifications, and other services.
(b) Neither the Government's review, approval or acceptance of, nor payment for, the services required under this contract shall be construed to operate as a waiver of any rights under this contract or of any cause of action arising out of the performance of this contract, and the A-E shall be and remain liable to the Government in accordance with applicable law for all damages to the Government caused by the A-E's negligent performance of any of the services furnished under this contract.
(c) The rights and remedies of the Government provided for under this contract are in addition to any other rights and remedies provided by law.
(d) If the A-E is comprised of more than one legal entity, each such entity shall be jointly and severally liable hereunder.
8. Work Oversight in Architect-Engineer Contracts
The extent and character of the work to be done by the A-E shall be subject to the general oversight, supervision, direction, control, and approval of the Contracting Officer.
9. Requirements for Registration of Designers
Architects or engineers registered to practice in the particular professional field involved in a State, the District of Columbia, or an outlying area of the United States shall prepare or be under the direct supervision of the design of architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, civil, or other engineering features of the work.
10. Intent to Award without Discussions. The Government intends to evaluate proposals and make award without discussions.
B. INSTRUCTIONS TO ARCHITECT-ENGINEER FIRM:
1. Complete one (1) Architect-Engineer Qualifications, SF Form 330 for ARCHITECTURAL SERVICES; and/or complete one (1) SF330 for ENGINEERING SERVICES. Submit completed package to Infrastructure Fight, 7 CONS/LGCA/Attn: Mr. Ron Miller, 381 Third St, Dyess AFB, TX 79607-1581, (325) 696-2285. Response to this notice must be received no later than 1400 hours (CST) Wednesday January 11, 2012. Notice: email or facsimile transmissions will not be accepted.
2. The SF 330 must fully address all Evaluation Factors in order for the Firm to be considered for selection per General Instructions and Individual Agency Instructions stated on the SF 330 and per the additional Dyess AFB Special Instructions provided herein.
3. Only the information specifically requested or otherwise permitted herein will be evaluated.
4. The Firm Organizational Chart, the customer recommendation, and the information specifically permitted herein shall be attached to the SF Form 330; and each provided on 8 1/2 x 11 sheets of paper.
5. Any attached brochures, charts, data, or other information not requested that accompanies the SF 330 will not be included in the evaluation process.
6. Firms not providing the requested information in the format directed by this synopsis may be negatively evaluated under the selection criteria.
7. For Reference Only Points of Contact at Dyess AFB Contracting Office:
SrA Chad Koetter, Contract Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org phone: (325)696-1458 or
Mr. Ronald G. Miller, Contracting Officer, email@example.com, phone: (325) 696-2285
C. SUBMITTAL FORMAT WITH SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS:
Submit one bound document for each ARCHITECTURAL SERVICES and/or ENGINEERING SERVICES proposal. Complete the SF 330 with all required information, bound with a plastic comb binding system between front and rear cover sheets, and a divider tab provided for each section titled with the information required in BOLD letters as indicated in this section "C". Submittal Format with Special Instructions" required by the SF 330. Also, see Dyess AFB Special Instructions immediately following Part I & Part II.
Binder Front Cover Page
For Architectural Services For Engineering Services
Line 1 Qualifications for Selection Qualifications for Selection
Line 2 of an Architect firm for of an Engineer Firm for
Line 3 Architectural Services Engineering Services
Line 4 under an Indefinite Delivery and under an Indefinite Delivery and
Line 5 Indefinite Quantity Contract Indefinite Quantity Contract
Line 6 7th Contracting Squadron 7th Contracting Squadron
Line 7 381 Third Street 381 Third Street
Line 8 Dyess AFB, TX 79607-1581 Dyess AFB, TX 79607-1581
Line 9 Date Due: 11 Jan 12 Date Due: 11 Jan 12
Line 10 Solicitation# FA4661-11-R-0042 ARCHITECTURAL SERVICES Solicitation# FA4661-11-R-0041 ENGINEERING SERVICES
Line 11 Firm Name Firm Name
Line 12 Firm Address Firm Address
Part I: Contract-Specific Qualifications
Section A. Contract Information
Section B. Architect-Engineer Point of Contact
Section C. Proposed Team
List the Dyess AFB Team Members in the following order:
For FA4661-11-R-0042 For FA4661-11-R-0041
ARCHITECTURAL SERVICES ENGINEERING SERVICES
1) Architect 1) Architect
2) Mechanical Engineer 2) Mechanical Engineer
3) Electrical Engineer 3) Electrical Engineer
4) Civil Engineer 4) Civil Engineer
5) Structural Engineer 5) Structural Engineer
6) Environmental Engineer 6) Environmental Engineer
7) Landscape Architect 7) Fire Protection Engineer
8) Interior Designer 8) Asbestos Abatement Consultant
9) LEED Accredited Professional
10) Asbestos Abatement Consultant
Section D. Organizational Chart of Proposed Team
Dyess AFB Special Instructions -
Provide an Organizational Chart in ladder diagram format with a box for Dyess AFB Design Team, Project Manager, and for each mandatory discipline stated above for ARCHITECTURAL SERVICES or ENGINEERING SERVICES. List the proposed Dyess AFB Team Members in the box under their respective discipline. Indicate each Team Member professional qualifications and employer; and designate the employer as the Principal Firm (PF), Branch Office (BO), Partnership (P), or Joint Venture (JV). Show with connecting lines the interrelationships within and outside of the A-E organization.
Section E. Resumes of Dyess AFB Team Members Proposed for This Contract
Dyess AFB Special Instructions - Submit maximum five (5) relevant projects for each Member in which the proposed Team Member had a significant role. Submit in the same order listed above in Section C: Proposed Team. Special consideration will be given specifically stated as 1) projects located on Dyess or other Military Installations, 2) design completed less than 5 years ago, 3) construction completed less than 2 years ago, 4) design-bid-build, 5) industrial or medical, 6) repair or alteration, 7) multiple discipline projects, 8) projects requiring LEED Certification, Life Safety, or Environmental Analysis, 9) projects with Construction Cost Greater than $500K, and 10) projects performed with current firm.
Section F. Example Projects That Best Illustrate Proposed Team's Qualifications for This Contract
Special Instructions - Submit a maximum of ten (10) recently completed design-bid-build process designs by the Architect-Engineer Firm, preferably with the same major role members proposed for the Dyess AFB Team.
Special consideration will be given to projects that are clearly stated 1) to be constructed on Dyess AFB or other Military Installations, 2) to have designs completed less than 5 years ago, 3) to be construction complete less than 2 years ago, 4) to be design-bid-build, 5) to be industrial or medical, 6) to be primarily repair or alteration, 7) to have multiple discipline complexity, 8) to have required LEED certification, Life Safety, or Environmental Analysis, 9) to have a construction cost greater than $500K, 10) to be occupied and require phasing, 11) to be designed with same team members as the proposed Dyess AFB Team as elaborated below in Section G.
Section G. Key Personnel Participation in Example Projects
Dyess AFB Special Instructions - Indicate the proposed Dyess Team Members that played a major role in the design of the Example Projects listed in Section F.
Part II: General Qualifications of Firm, Branch Office, or Key Consultant
Dyess AFB Special Instructions -
Special consideration will be given to firms that clearly state 1) a greater number of years under the current Firm Name, 2) the Principal Firm to be classified as a Type "S", Small Business, 3) a greater number of engineers, technicians, and CADD draftsmen employed by the Principal Firm, 4) a lower dollar amount of the prior 3 years of Federal Government Awards to the Principal Firm.
D. EVALUATION OF QUALIFICATIONS:
Qualifications will be evaluated to determine compliance with this solicitation and a final overall rating will be determined by consensus of the Government team. Qualifications received will be evaluated on the basis of the factors stated in the solicitation to select the best qualified Dyess AFB Team. Because of the number of qualifications anticipated, uniformity is essential to ensure fair and accurate evaluation. All proposals must comply with the submittal instructions.
Part I, Section C. Proposed Team
Proposed Teams should clearly indicate professional qualifications necessary for satisfactory performance of required services.
Part I, Section D. Organizational Chart of Proposed Team
1. Higher consideration will be given to Firms that are the Prime Contractor with stated disciplines on staff and located in a single office. Firms with proposed Dyess AFB Team Members employed in a Partnership, Joint Venture, Branch Offices will be given less consideration. Identify which team member stated will be the designated project manager and who shall be the single point of contact for all Dyess AFB projects.
2. Higher consideration will be given to Firms having majority of proposed Team Members located physically inside the Dyess AFB Geographic Area that is defined as being within a 175 mile radius.
Part I, Section E. Resumes of Dyess AFB Team Members Proposed for This Contract
Higher consideration will be given to proposed Dyess AFB Team Members with specialized experience and technical competence in the type of work required.
Part I, Section F. Example Projects That Best Illustrate Proposed Team's Qualifications for This Contract
Higher consideration will be given to projects which most closely reflect type of work required.
Part I, Section G. Key Personnel Participation in Example Projects
Higher consideration will be given to Firms with proposed Dyess Team Members that played a major role in the design of the Example Projects listed in Section F and to Additional Information submitted on the proposed Dyess Team Members as it relates to the design needs of Dyess AFB.
Part II, General Qualifications of Firm, Branch Office, or Key Consultant
1. Higher consideration will be given to Example Project data submitted that demonstrates the reliability of the Firm in regards to cost control, quality of work, and compliance with performance schedules.
2. Higher consideration will be given to Firms with narrative describing how the Dyess team leader will assure projects awarded will be successfully accomplished, within budget, and schedules met.
3. Higher consideration will be given to Firms demonstrating capacity to quickly assembly team on short notice and accomplish the work in the required time.