Rupsha 800 MW Combined Cycle Power Plant Project
| Published May 9, 2017 - Deadline July 12, 2017
Invitation for Prequalification
1. This Invitation for Prequalification follows the Advance Procurement Notice for this
project that appeared on the Asian Development Bank (ADB) website on 17 January 2017. This
contract will be jointly financed by the Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Islamic
Development Bank (IDB). The eligibility rules and procedures of ADB will govern the
prequalification and the subsequent bidding process. Universal procurement will be followed for
2. People’s Republic of Bangladesh has applied for financing from ADB and IDB toward the
cost of the Rupsha 800 megawatt (MW) Combined Cycle Power Plant (CCPP) Project. Part
of this financing will be used for payments under the above captioned contract.
3. The North-West Power Generation Company Limited (the “Employer”) intends to
prequalify firms for construction of two (2) blocks of gas-fired combined cycle power plant
having a nominal capacity of 400MW ± 10% each at site condition basis (35°C, 1.013 bar, R.H.
98%) on a complete turnkey basis in one (1) EPC contract. The project site for the new power
plant is 271 km away from Dhaka City and is situated in Khalishpur Upazila, Khulna District in
the south-western part of Bangladesh. The proposed power plant will be designed to operate on
natural gas as the primary fuel, and with distillate oil as the secondary fuel.
4. Only eligible applicants with the following key qualifications, summarized from the
Prequalification Document, should participate in the prequalification. Applicants are requested to
refer to Section 3 – Qualification Criteria of the Prequalification Document for a full range of
criteria prior to submitting an application. In case of any discrepancies between this invitation for
Prequalification and the Prequalification Document, the latter shall prevail.
a) The Applicant shall have a minimum average annual turnover of USD325 (United States
Dollars Three Hundred and Twenty-Five) million calculated as total certified payments
received for contracts in progress or completed, within the last three (3) years prior to
the deadline for submission of applications.
b) The Applicant shall have participated as an EPC contractor in at least two (2) contracts
for Combined Cycle Power Plant each with a capacity of minimum 300 MW (having Gas
Turbine capacity of minimum 100MW) in one unit that have been successfully or
Date: 9 May 2017
50161-BAN: Rupsha 800 MW Combined Cycle Power Plant Project
Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning of Rupsha
800MW Combined Cycle Power Plant Project, Khulna on Turnkey Basis
12 July 2017; 2:00 pm [BST]
substantially completed within the last ten (10) years prior to the deadline for submission
of applications. At least one (1) of the above contracts should have an experience in
commercial operation for a minimum of 15,000 hours prior to the deadline for submission
of applications. The similarity of the Applicant’s participation shall be based on the
physical size, nature of works and complexity, methods, technology or other
characteristics of the contract as described in Section 6 – Scope of Contract.
c) The Applicant shall have an experience in completing at least one (1) EPC contract for
the power plant of minimum 300 MW outside the Applicant's home country that has been
successfully or substantially completed within the last 10 years prior to the deadline for
submission of application
5. It is expected that Invitation for Bids will be made in August 2017.
6. To obtain further information and inspect the Prequaliﬁcation Document, interested
eligible Applicants should contact:
The Project Director,
Rupsha 800MW Combined Cycle Power Plant Project, Khulna
North West Power Generation Co. Ltd. (NWPGCL)
Address: UTC Building (3rd Floor), 8, Panthapath, Kawran Bazar, Dhaka-1215,
Tel.: +88 02 9143017
7. To purchase the Prequaliﬁcation Document in English, eligible Applicants should:
• Write to address above requesting the Pre-Qualification Document for
[304/NWPGCL/P1/Rupsha800MW/2017] Engineering, Procurement, Construction and
Commissioning of Rupsha 800MW Combined Cycle Power Plant Project, Khulna on
Turnkey Basis and
• pay a nonrefundable fee of Bangladeshi Taka (BDT) 50,000.00 (Bangladeshi Taka Fifty
Thousand) or US$ 650.00 (US Dollar Six Hundred Fifty) only in the form of Pay Order /
Bank Draft in favor of "North-West Power Generation Co. Ltd."
• The Pre-Qualification document will be handed over to the authorized representative of
the Applicant or will be sent by courier, if so desired by the Applicant. North-West Power
Generation Co. Ltd. will not be liable for loss or late delivery.
8. Deliver your Application:
• to the address above
• on or before 12 July 2017; 2:00 pm [BST]
The Employer reserves the right to accept or reject late Applications.
9. The Employer will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by Applicants in
connection with the preparation or delivery of their Applications.
10. The Employer will notify all Applicants in writing of the names of those Applicants who
have been prequaliﬁed.