NG-RAMP PHASE 2 - P095003
State Project Implementation Unit (SPIU) | Published December 12, 2014 - Deadline January 22, 2015
Request For Expressions Of Interest (eoi) Forconsulting
Services For The Detailed Engineering Design, Environmental And Social Impact
Assessment, Procurement Support And Construction Supervision Of Rehabilitation Of Rural
Roads In Osun State.
The Federal Republic of Nigeria, through the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, has received financingfrom the International Development Association (IDA) and the French Development Agency and on-lent the financing to fourparticipating states (Adamawa, Enugu, Niger, and Osun) towards the cost of rehabilitation of prioritized ruralroads in these statesunder the Second Rural Access and Mobility Project (RAMP-2). It is intended that part of the proceeds of the financing will beapplied to eligible payments under the contract for Consulting Services.
The consulting services ("the Services") include detailedengineering design, environmental and social impact assessment, procurement support, and construction supervision for therehabilitation of low volume mostly unpaved rural roads in Osun state as follows: (i) conducting a detailed inventory and conditionsurvey, and a full topographical survey and a geotechnical/materials survey of each given road (totaling approximately 300 km to bepackaged in 5 or 6 Lots across the State) complete with the existing structures; together with comprehensive traffic counts,economic analysis, and environmental and social impact assessments, including development of an Environmental and Social ManagementPlan and aResettlement Action Plan (RAP) or Abbreviated Resettlement Action Plan (ARAP) as necessary in accordance with World BankSafeguards Policies for Category B projects, leading to and including the design of the appropriate rehabilitation and limitedconstruction Works and the preparation of the bidding documents for each Lot; (ii) providing full procurement support to theEmployer through the bidding process to the award of the Works contract for each Lot; and (iii) supervising construction of theWorks of each Lot in the capacity of the Engineer, including the Defects Liability Period (DLP). Subject to agreement by theEmployer, the Services may include supervision, with minimal staffing, ofroutine and periodic maintenance of these roads for 3years initially(first year falling within the 12-month Defects Liability Period.)
The total duration of the Services is about 40 months: theDetailed Engineering Design, Environmental and Social Assessment and Preparation of Civil Works Bidding Documents is to becompleted in 6 months, after which theProcurement Support Services would last approximately 4 months., and the Works are to beconstructed in 18 months, with a Defect Liability Period (requiring scaled down supervision) of 12 months. Should the supervisionof the 3-year maintenance activities be agreed following thecompletion of the road rehabilitation, the total duration of theConsulting Services would be 64 months.
The State Project Implementation Unit (SPIU) on behalf of OsunState Government now invites eligible consulting firms ("Consultants") to indicate their interest in providing the Services.Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experienceto perform the Services. The short listing criteria are:
1. General qualification: Capacity of the Consultant to carry out the Services, to be demonstrated bysufficient years in business with core business in similar activities to those under the Services, annual turnover of theConsultant, and overall number and qualifications of Consultant' key staff. A brief presentation of the Consultant's profile shallbe provided.
2. Engineering Design: Experience and capacity for Engineering Design of low volume rural roadssimilar in scope and size to those subject to the Services, with both laterite and bituminous surface treatment sections. TheConsultants shall demonstrate experience and capacity for conducting full condition surveys, topographical surveys, road and bridgeand drainage inventories, geotechnical and material surveys, drainage condition and capacity assessments,and bridge and otherstructures condition and capacity assessments and designs. The Consultants shall also demonstrate experience and capacity forconducting economic analysis using the Highway Design and Management tool (HDM-4) or the Road Economic Decision (RED) model or anyother recognized economic evaluation methodology.
3. Construction Supervision: Experienceand capacity for Construction Supervision in the role ofEngineer forrehabilitation and construction of low volume rural roads similar in scope and size to those subject to the Services,with both laterite and bituminous surface treatment sections.
4. Environmental and Social Assessment:Experience and capacity for conducting Environmental and SocialImpact Assessments (ESIA) in line with World Bank Safeguards Policies and in proposing mitigation measures in the form ofEnvironmental and Social Management Plans and in drawing up Resettlement Action Plans (RAP) or Abbreviated Resettlement ActionPlans (ARAP).
5. Bidding Documents and Procurement Support: Experience and capacity for production of full Englishlanguagebidding documents based on the World Bank Standard Bidding Document for the Procurement of Works, including TechnicalSpecifications, Engineering Drawings, and Bills of Quantities; and for provision of full procurement support through the civilworks bidding process and contractaward.
The consultants are encouraged to present the informationdemonstrating the fulfilment of the criteria above in the form of project profiles including: the project name, the location of theproject, the name and address of the client/beneficiary, the name(s) of associated firm(s) if any, the duration of the assignment,the start and end date of the assignment, the total value of the contract, the total number of staff-months of the assignment, thevalue of the services provided by the Consultantunder the contract, the number of professional staff-months provided by theassociated firm(s), the names of the Consultant's senior staff involved and functions performed, a brief narrative description oftheproject, and a description of the actual services provided by the Consultant's staff under the assignment. The description ofthe services provided shall specify the type of roads and the works subject to the services, the length of roads, and the locationof the roads.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of ajoint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
A Consultantwill be selected in accordance with the Quality andCost Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines. The detailed engineering design services and thepreparation of the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (including preparation of the bidding documents) will be paid on alump sum basis, while the subsequent support including construction supervision and other services will be paid on aresourcetime-based basis.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours, i.e. 0800 to 1600 hours.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the addressbelow (in person, or by courier) on or before12noon 22nd January 2015.