IN: Natl Watersheds (Neeranchal) - P132739
Department of Land Resources(DoLR), Ministry of Rural Development, | Published November 21, 2014 - Deadline December 12, 2014
Selection Of Consultants For ?forward Linkages And Rural
Livelihood Support System?
World Bank AssistedWatershed Management Project - Neeranchal
Government of India
Ministry of Rural Development, Department of LandResources
NPC Building, 5-6 InstitutionalArea, Lodhi Road, New Delhi -110003, India
IDA Credit No 55240IN
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONOF INTEREST
Selection of Consultants for"Forward Linkages and RuralLivelihood Support System"
1. This Request for Expression of Interest (REOI) follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this project that appeared in UNDBonline on 26th June 2013.
2. The Department of Land Resources (DoLR),Government of India has applied for financing from the World Bank towards the cost of Neeranchal National Watershed Project, andintends to apply part of the proceeds for the consulting services for "Forward Linkages and Rural Livelihood Support System" for which this REOI is issued. The period of the consultancy shall befive years.
3. The consulting services ("the services") include"Forward Linkages and RuralLivelihood Support System" for Neeranchal National WatershedProject. Neeranchal aims to increase incomes through enhancedagricultural production and improve sustainability of natural resources through better watershed management among the people livinginselected micro-watersheds in nine States, by improving effectiveness and adding value to Govt. of India's ongoing IntegratedWatershed Management Programme (IWMP) through institutional reform, capacity building, the development and application of bestpractices, and convergence with other Government projects. Neeranchal is designed to support IWMPin nine (9) States (viz. AndhraPradesh, Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Orissa, Rajasthan and Telangana). The objective of "ForwardLinkages and Rural Livelihood Support System" is to carryout appliedresearch and development to support rural livelihoods with the ultimate goal of formulating demonstrative projects and a strategyfor increasing total household incomes in the target areas. This shall primarilybe achieved by enhancing both agriculture andnon-agriculture income by maximizing productivity, technology interventions and other innovative approaches. The specific taskswhich the consultant has to carry out are as follows:
i) Prepare a Baseline &support applied research.
ii) Undertake applied research togenerate community-led inclusive growth models as part of watershed development.
iii) Identify and pilot innovative tools toensure better equity between producers and buyers, and benefits flowing to the farmers/groups.
iv) Train SHGs in need based skill up gradationin specific identified activities.
v) Undertake product up-gradationefforts with respect to commodities produced under IGA by the SHGs or any other group.
vi) Establish financial linkages to SHGs, UserGroups (UGs), CIGs, Area groups, JLGS or other CBOs and facilitate IGAs ensuring sustainability.
vii) Develop model IGA plans and assist in extending thesame to larger IWMP area.
viii) Provide technical inputs and guidelines for state-ledtraining and hand-holding to build sustainablecapacities among farmers for entering into new value chains.
ix) Suggest and supervise practical studies onhow to better augment and integratelivestock, fisheries and fodder development with ATMA, with suitable backstopping from KVKs andother partners from private and NGO sectors.
x) Partner with appropriate,private institutions to create a dedicated financial literacy program.
xi) Develop and pilot user-friendly ICT tools(e.g., cell phone-based applications) to help farmers to access information to make better annual operating plans for crops andunderstand the financial impact of these plans.
xii) Work with the private sector to review currentinsurance products for farmers and developnew approaches for delivering these services to farmers.
xiii) Design & implementation of the IGA plan through active engagement andinvolvement of other Project Implementing Partners of the Neeranchal programme.
4. The Project Director,Neeranchal, Department of Land Resources now invites eligibleconsulting firms to indicate their interest in providing theservices. Interested consulting firms should provide information demonstrating thatthey have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the services.
5. The short-listing criteria for evaluation ofEoIs are:
(i) Past experience of the firm in providing services for establishment of "Forward Linkages and Rural Livelihood Support System" for aided projects of asimilar nature including World Bank assisted project and experience in conducting studies in the project area in terms of years ofexperience, value of assignments handled, number of assignments handled, relevance of past assignments to the present study.(Brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff,etc.).
(ii) Organization Capability of the Firm ? Annual turnover during the pastthree years, Number of Staff working with firm.
6. The attention of interested Consultants isdrawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment ofConsultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 ("Consultant Guidelines"),setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflict of interest.
7. Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancyto enhance their qualifications. [The "Association" may take the form of a joint venture (with joint and several liability) or of asub-consultancy]. Thisshould be clearly stated in the submission.
8. A consultant will be selectedin accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS, Lump sum ) method set out in the World Bank's Guidelines: Selectionand Employment of Consultants by Bank Borrowers, January 2011.
9. Further information can be obtained at theaddressbelow during office hours from 10:00 to 17:00hours on all working days or at project web site http://dolr.nic.in.
10. Expression of interest with the accompanying information must be delivered in the written form to the address below by 12th December 2014,between 10.00 hrs to 17.00 hrs onworking days.
Project ManagementUnit, Neeranchal National Watershed Management Project ,
Department of LandResources (DoLR), Ministry of Rural Development,
Government of India,First Floor, National Productivity Council Building,
5-6 InstitutionalArea, Lodhi Road, New Delhi - 110003, India.
Tel: (+91-11) 24621470, TeleFax: (+91-11) 24621469
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org , Website:http://dolr.nic.in
· No Proposals (Technical or Financial) are requirednow. On the basis of information provided by interested consultingfirms, the NNWP, DoLR will prepare a shortlist of firms who willbe invited to submit detailed proposals.