IN: UP WSRP II - P122770
Ground Water Department, U.P. | Published October 28, 2014 - Deadline December 1, 2014
Design And Development Of Model Conjunctive Wateruse Plan
(cwp) And Aquifer Management Plan (amp) Towards Integrated Water Use Planningin Parts
Offatehpur District Under Upwsrp-phase Ii
India: Uttar Pradesh Water Sector RestructuringProject Phase II
IDACredit No.- 5298-IN
Request for Expression of Interest
Designand Development of Model Conjunctive Wateruse Plan (CWP) and Aquifer Management Plan (AMP) towards IntegratedWater Use Planning in Parts of Fatehpur District under UPWSRP-Phase II
No. - 27 /GWD /A-7(World Bank) / Aq. Map. Dated: 27Oct., 2014
1. The Government of India (GOI) has received a credit/loan fromtheInternational Development Association (IDA)/ International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) to finance the UPWater Sector Restructuring Project (UPWSRP) Phase 2 and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit/loan to payments underthe contract for hiringservices of consultant for "Design and Development of Model Conjunctive Water Use Plan (CWP)and Aquifer Management Plan (AMP) towards Integrated Water Use Planning in parts of Fatehpur District under UPWSRPPhase-II." TheGround Water Department, U.P. has been assigned the above task under UPWSRP Phase-2.
2. The scope of services shall include: "mapping of surface irrigation system, groundwater aquifer system, quantify the surface water, ground water resource potential andprepare sustainable aquifer management and conjunctive use plan based on computer modeling approaches towards development of anactionable proposal for implementing integratedwater resource management programme for the study area". Key specific tasks shall be, a) Delineate hydrological boundary of the study areas that shall help define a closedsystemwithin which surface and groundwater system is in harmony and both system boundaries reasonably overlay each other, b) Develop village wise database of thestudy area on the GIS platform involving all sources of water including all parameters related to surface, ground water includingirrigation structures, natural drainage, canals, tube wells, geomorphology subsurface lithology for creating an IntegratedWaterResource Information System (IWRIS), c) Identify the most appropriate modelling software for the project implementation. Identifythedata needs, d) Organise data for implementation of an integrated surface and groundwater flow model, e) Develop GIS thematiclayers for depicting surface water and groundwater flow and solute transport systems, f)Map and delineate the different aquifers atdifferent depths based on interpretation of drilling data, borehole logging andconstruction of piezometers and if needed, generate primarydata also, g) Estimate groundwater aquifer parameters throughpumpingtests as well as analysis of historical aquifer test data, h) Assess quality and quantity of mapped aquifer units, i) Assessthe recharge rates for different soils and return flow for different crops/soils, j)Assess potential surface flood flow fromnatural drainage channels, k) Estimate irrigation flows from different canal systems for differentcropping seasons, l) Estimate thetotal storage in the surface water systems, m)Optimise the flow and transport model based on historical data. Validate the model, n) Run the model and Simulate differentscenarios to understand the response of localhydrological cycle to different development pattern, o) Estimate the total water balance for the study areas based on the prevailing irrigation water use pattern, p) Develophypothetical groundwater and surface water development scenario's to arrive at a sustainable development plan, q) Develophypothetical cropping change scenario to arrive at the most efficient water use plan,r)Develop hypothetical solute transport scenario toarrive at the safe scenario in which the local water cycle can be protected against contamination, s) Integrate various scenarios to develop a comprehensive integratedwater use and best water use efficiency system, t) Identify the necessary physical interventions in the surface irrigation system,management interventions for groundwater pumping, cropping systems and water treatment/ protection to be implemented for achievingthe idealised scenario, u) Develop a cost estimate forthe implementation of the projected integrated Conjunctive Use Plan andAquifer Management Plan.
3. The duration of the assignment shall be for 30 months with additional 2years support to run through dedicated staff.
4. The Director, State Ground Water Department (GWD), invites eligibleConsultants to indicate their interest in providing the Consultancy Services for the above assignment.
5. The consultants shall have over 15 years of research experience in thefield of surface water, groundwater, water quality, environmental studies. Government Research Agencies, Academic Institutions,Research Institutes, and Non-Governmental Organizations may also apply. The organization shall have appropriate staff/consultants/research associates who have the necessary expertise/experience in carrying out the study.
6. Interested consultants must provide the following information indicatingthat they are qualified to perform the Services: Brochures, Description of Similar Assignments successfully completed in the past, Availability of Skills and past experienceamong Staff (Hydrogeologist, Irrigation Engineer, Modeler, GIS specialist, Agriculture specialist etc.), and financial statementfor the last 3 years.
7. The criteria for short listing of the Consultants shall be as follows:
· Theconsultants should have been in consulting business related to ground water-surface water modeling development management research& investigations, for at least 05 years.
· Theconsultants shall be financially sound with an average annual turnover of more than US$ 638,000 (INR 4,00,00,000) during theprevious five years.
· Thefirms should have successfully completed atleast two ground water/surface water modeling assignments/research projects of comparable magnitude, during the last fiveyears.
· Availability of skills and adequate experience among key staff (Hydrogeologist, Irrigation Engineer, Modeler, GIS specialist, Agriculturespecialist etc.), with adequate infrastructural facilities especially for field studies.
8. The consultant may associate with other organizations to enhance theirqualification. [The "Association" may take the form of a joint venture (with joint and several liability) or of a sub-consultancy],and this should be stated clearly in the submission.
9. A consultant will be selected in accordance with Quality and Cost BasedSelection (QCBS) procedures set out in the WorldBank's "Guidelines: Selection and Employment ofConsultants Under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers- January, 2011". The Guidelines are available atwww.worldbank.org/procure.
10. Interested Consultants may obtain further information atthe address given below from 10.00 ? 17.00 hours (IST) on all working days. This notice for Expression of Interest has also beenposted on Ground Water Department website (http://gwd.up.nic.in).
11. Expression of Interest with all relevant information and documents must be submitted andsubscribed "Design and Development of Model Conjunctive Water Use Plan (CWP) and Aquifer Management Plan (AMP)towards Integrated Water Use Planning in parts of Fatehpur District under UPWSRP Phase-II" on top of a closed envelope and be delivered to the address below by notlater than 15:00 hours (IST) on 1st December,2014. In the event, this last date being declaredas holiday by the State Government, due date for submissionof above EoI will be the next working day up till the sameappointed time.
GroundWater Department, U.P.
9th Floor, Indira Bhawan
AshokMarg, Lucknow, UP.
Telefax: 0522- 2286471